Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EIRCOM - Cant connect with TP-Link TD-W8960N ADSL2

• 01-10-2013 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hello, after upgrading my line to 17mb I started getting connection problems. Logged a fault but no responsonse what so ever. So I decided tochange modem. Got TP-Link TD-W8960N 300Mbps wirelles n ADSL2+. Well so I followed installation guide, entered all provided settings
    Username: eircom@eircom.net
    Password: broadband1
    Encapsulation: PPPoE
    Multiplexing: LLC Based
    VPI: 8
    VCI: 35

And I cant get it work. Im uploading screenshots with errors n settings. Anyone could help me? I did change router for my friend (he is with different provider) and got no problems.

rkgr.th.jpg
    7dwh.th.jpg
    6fwz.th.jpg
    znlz.th.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Looks good to me - I have the same router and it works fine for me - here's my settings :
    734o.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Freddy Smelly

nationmad: the mtu size is wrong, for adsl you need to choose mtu size 1492, not 1480

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

I have the option to set MTU on mine but I'm not using it so I'm guessing git's at the default setting.
    When I click the check box to set it it defaults to 1480 though so I'm guessing that's the default and it works fine for me...weird....

Advertisement