Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent in Dublin

Options
  • 01-10-2013 12:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I'm looking for some advice as I'm considering moving to Dublin and wondering what the average rent prices are. I'v looked on Daft but still feeling a little confused and I just want to make sure i'd b able to afford it!!!

Interested to know what price would a single room be roughly and if i was to rent a one bed appartment/flat what should i expect to pay for that??

Any advice would b very much appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Where abouts in Dublin?

Daft is going to give you as good an average idea of the prices as you are going to get. Most parts of Dublin are very high demand; what you see on the asking price is what you can expect to pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 dreamers112

Thanks...im not too fussed bout location but would like somewhere quite central i think!!! iv only really checked out appartments/flats on daft & was hoping single room in house might b good bit cheaper...will look into it some more...ta

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Price will obviously vary depending on location. Go onto Daft, go into the Sharing section and search on single room in Dublin City Center and you will get an idea of what is being charged in what areas.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

A modern style apartment, one bed, in an ok neighbourhood will be 900 per month approx. e.g. Dublin 6 Rathmines, Ranelagh, Rathgar.
    You may get a roomshare in a house for 350/450 per month. Watch out for house shares as a double bed room should be dearer than a box room, or a room with an en suite should be dearer than no en suite

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭layviae

We were looking at rental properties in the last 2 weeks in south dublin and honestly im shocked at my experince,

Admittidly we have only been renting since 2008 so I have no idea what rental markets were like before that but ive never experinced this lack of supply before,

3 properties that we made apointments to view were cancelled,

Numerous email and calls went unreturned (the properties were taken down shortly after so assume they were rented)

Prices are much higher than the last time I was looking (november 12)

One place was 850 last november and didnt seem to have much interest, I saw a place in the same estate (an area known for anti social behaviour) for 1000, we were second to view, it had no curtian poles and place was wrecked after last tennant, but the first to view took it,

Most of the places that I have been able to view have had numerous people viewing at the same time, infact the only reason that we got somewhere is because we're both employed full time and have brilliant references

It might not be the same all over dublin or even in sharing accomidation, but I was so surprised on how much the market has changed I felt its best to let people know

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭maguic24

layviae wrote: »
    We were looking at rental properties in the last 2 weeks in south dublin and honestly im shocked at my experince,

Admittidly we have only been renting since 2008 so I have no idea what rental markets were like before that but ive never experinced this lack of supply before,

3 properties that we made apointments to view were cancelled,

Numerous email and calls went unreturned (the properties were taken down shortly after so assume they were rented)

Prices are much higher than the last time I was looking (november 12)

One place was 850 last november and didnt seem to have much interest, I saw a place in the same estate (an area known for anti social behaviour) for 1000, we were second to view, it had no curtian poles and place was wrecked after last tennant, but the first to view took it,

Most of the places that I have been able to view have had numerous people viewing at the same time, infact the only reason that we got somewhere is because we're both employed full time and have brilliant references

It might not be the same all over dublin or even in sharing accomidation, but I was so surprised on how much the market has changed I felt its best to let people know

I am looking for a room to rent in shared accomodation too, prices have just shot up and there's not much available....

I'm looking for some advice as I'm considering moving to Dublin and wondering what the average rent prices are. I'v looked on Daft but still feeling a little confused and I just want to make sure i'd b able to afford it!!!

Interested to know what price would a single room be roughly and if i was to rent a one bed appartment/flat what should i expect to pay for that??

Any advice would b very much appreciated :)

Hello, I have literally been looking for a decent room at a decent price for the last month. Every time I ring up I either don't get an answer or the room is gone. Completely soul destroyinh. :( Let me know if you have any luck getting somewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

I think it's because changing the pre 63 law got rid of a lot of supply( drive through drumcondra and NCR and every second house is for sale). Also there is huge amounts of English language students this year. There is at least 10,000 brazilians in Dublin , plus nearly the same amount of other Hispanics and Koreans. But there hasn't been any increase in housing in the few years with the rising demand. Vacancy rates of housing in Dublin is very low. Meaning someone will have to start building again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭neemish

maguic24 wrote: »
    Hello, I have literally been looking for a decent room at a decent price for the last month. Every time I ring up I either don't get an answer or the room is gone. Completely soul destroyinh. :( Let me know if you have any luck getting somewhere.

Out of curiosity what area are you looking in?

I'm in the same boat - have been looking since the end of August and beginning to think that I will never find anywhere. Viewing after viewing - nine and ten people all looking at the same room.

neemish wrote: »
    Out of curiosity what area are you looking in?

I'm in the same boat - have been looking since the end of August and beginning to think that I will never find anywhere. Viewing after viewing - nine and ten people all looking at the same room.

I'm looking for a place in Stepaside/Leopardstown/Stillorgan/Dundrum/Sandyford/Ballinteer/that general area. The most I am willing to pay is 400 per month but no luck yet. I have been avoiding family homes/student accomodation as I work full time and I am studying part time so I would need some quiet for study and a place to relax. Every decent place I have seen has been snapped up and prices are just increasing all the time.

If there is a few professionals here looking for a room, I wouldn't mind getting together and looking for a house because I have been looking for a room since the end of September with no luck. I am currently sharing a room, so it's not really ideal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭neemish

I'm on the other side of town - Drumcondra/Fairview/Glasnevin/Santry. - That's a pity!

Advertisement