Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marathon Novice....

• 01-10-2013 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

After being a regular reader of other training logs for past year, i decided to sign up to this Boards thingy majiggy and try to update my running/training online.

I started to get a bit bored of the marathon training and i hope this gets me interested again, ive been training alone and the long runs i find fairly boring to say the least

So, I'm 39 and 331 days old, started running in 2011 having never run before. I'd played Hockey to a reasonable level so had decent fitness to begin. while playing hockey i never enjoyed the preseason training that involved long runs but now i have to admit i caught the bug and miss when i dont get out for my regular runs

This year i have ran the Dublin Race Series

Pheonix Park 5 Miles -
    Fingal 10 Miles -
    Pheonix Park Half Marathon -

I ran the Rathfarnham 5k for a bit of fun and diversion from the marathon schedule

Plan is to tackle my first marathon the Dublin City Marathon in October im aiming for sub 4 hours

*This morning 5 miles @ 9 mins pace

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭ThePiedPiper

Best of luck with the training and upcoming marathon brigadier.. Hope the log can act as an extra motivational tool..

• Registered Users Posts: 14 al984

Hi Good Luck with the training. I have signed up also for my first marathon I have been training since July for this and to date I have completed athlone half marathon, Dublin half marathon and the frank duffy 10 miler however due to injury and now a heavy flu the week before the marathon I am worried I have not done enough training to complete it in 4 hours. My longest run was 17.2 miles last week.

Advertisement