Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal vs Napoli, 19:45, SS2 & Setanta Ireland

1235»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

HazDanz wrote: »
    This is pedestrian stuff now. Not that I'm complaining, great to see us do it so comfortably.

You lot look like a totally different team this year between the players that have came in and some others finding form.

You always had a great foundation to build on with your defence, which was a great last year in the league. Kos and Per were immense. Ramsey's current purple patch, Flamini picking up where he was 5 years ago, Ozil slotting in nicely, it's all going pretty much perfectly for you lot.

And you still have some great players to come into the team.

Might get the the stage where Wenger has a selection headache as he has so many good players to call on when they are all fit.

cson wrote: »
    Also lads, be a bit more gracious to other fans having a reasonable difference of opinion to you; there's no need to be telling decent posters to run along etc - you'll only end up having us hated in here.

Ah nah, I like watching Arsenal, even when you weren't doing great I always respected Wenger and his philosophy. Maybe it's because I dislike spurs or something? But when Swansea were in League2/1/championship the only premier league team I'd ever pay attention to was Arsenal. You lot have been class this season (besides the opening day).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

I like you Seaneh :)

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Yeah you definitely did, I believe it's those particular strands of DNA that give him his lush thick shiny hair :D

He does have glorious hair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

What's that 2 goals and 4 assists for Ozil in 5 games for Arsenal?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭population

arses handed to us tonight. arsenal have been immense. for those of you suggesting we are ****, we really aren't. our defence is and has always been sub par but this is a very good napoli team with some very good players who are having an awful night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Seaneh wrote: »
    He does have glorious hair.

It's a wig.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

1 goal 6 assists i think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

I'm as impressed with Arsenal as I am disappointed with Napoli tonight.

They are better then they've shown tonight but you could argue Arsenal have made them look ordinary. Cannot believe that Aaron Ramsey is the same person as a year ago. Incredible turn around.
    Sean, you don't have a clue. Whats the point in me trying to convince you otherwise. It'll just drag the match thread off course.

Would you get a grip? Embarrassing comments.

• Advertisement

only 1 goal. 4 assists - or 5 if you count the free kick that was parried into rambos path.

and he's still getting fitness. and we still have the Santi and Ozil show to come.

Good times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

cson wrote: »
    Also lads, be a bit more gracious to other fans having a reasonable difference of opinion to you; there's no need to be telling decent posters to run along etc - you'll only end up having us hated in here.

What a chance there btw.

In my defence I only said run along because it all started from a tongue in cheek comment took up the wrong way plus this is the match thread im all for discussion on Flamini in the Arsenal thread but this is the match thread and im loving this match dont be wrecking my buzz :pac:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

Is this Ozils first full game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

I really enjoyed watching that.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Job done. Really looking like the real deal at the moment. Haven't felt this positive about the team in about 5 years.

Is this Ozils first full game?

yep. first 90 mins.

• Advertisement

Well done lads, you made a decent Napoli team look very ordinary.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Could be a very special season. I enjoyed that. Gonna get some sleep before some people get negative and try to sh!t all over the parade

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

feeling happy. AW17

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

Giroud and Arteta smouldering in the post match interview.
    It's like f*cking Zoolander on me telly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Higuain or no Higuain, that was pretty horrendous from Napoli, surprised to be honest at how easy it was for the Gunners.

• Advertisement

Higuain or no Higuain, that was pretty horrendous from Napoli, surprised to be honest at how easy it was for the Gunners.

Should beat Dortmund 4-1 so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Well deserved win their for arsenal, was walking pace at times. This is certainly the most interesting group in the game 1 of napoli/dortmund / arsenal will go out and itll be a huge dissapointment for whichever it is. If napoli keep that up it'll be them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Brilliant performance by Arsenal. Absolutely top notch stuff in the first half. They eased off a bit but you can blame them? They made a very good team look very ordinary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Seaneh wrote: »
    Well done lads, you made a decent Napoli team look very ordinary.

Cheers buddy.

You're totally right about Flamini too.

There's clearly something about Arsenal that motivates him but his priority was the big payday.

I know footballers get paid a lot but the Milan move set him up for life.

I'm still surprised that he didn't leave Milan sooner but maybe he couldn't earn the same elsewhere.

There is a nagging doubt about this one for me though.

We got him in fairly dubious circumstances but was young player of the year in France iirc.

Then he played for us like Milan Flamini, ok but was a sub and lb cover. Then when his contract was running out he played the best year of his life.

Then big payday and back to mediocrity.

Then afaik he approached Arsenal and just blew everyone away in training and is now back to his best on the pitch.

I'm delighted but cautious. I think it's extremely naive to say he's driven by a 'love' of Arsenal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

There's Something about Flamini

(As long as no-one jips in Arteta's hair it's all good)

gosplan wrote: »
    Cheers buddy.

You're totally right about Flamini too.

There's clearly something about Arsenal that motivates him but his priority was the big payday.

I know footballers get paid a lot but the Milan move set him up for life.

I'm still surprised that he didn't leave Milan sooner but maybe he couldn't earn the same elsewhere.

There is a nagging doubt about this one for me though.

We got him in fairly dubious circumstances but was young player of the year in France iirc.

Then he played for us like Milan Flamini, ok but was a sub and lb cover. Then when his contract was running out he played the best year of his life.

Then big payday and back to mediocrity.

Then afaik he approached Arsenal and just blew everyone away in training and is now back to his best on the pitch.

I'm delighted but cautious. I think it's extremely naive to say he's driven by a 'love' of Arsenal.

In fairness, last season at Milan he was on small enough money (as far as footballers go and especially compared to his original Milan contract). But he spent the entire season before that out with injury so really, nobody was going to offer him anything major anyway.

He's clearly a very, very good footballer, but you do have to wonder if maybe he goes through bouts of "giving a toss" and then stages of "phoning it in".
    Hopefully he's just hit 29, realised he's actually got something to offer a top side and decided to pull the finger out, because on form, he's undropable, the second half of last season he had a good run and socred some important goals, and he's stepped up another gear since this season has started, if he keeps going, he'll be one of the best signings in the premier league this season.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

The thing about Flamini now is that he's part of a talented midfield where you need to keep performing to get sustained gametime - it should be enough to keep him motivated. he's also not getting any younger and an up and coming Arsenal team may help to add to his silverware.

Advertisement