Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Efibre customer service disaster

Options
  • 01-10-2013 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

So I ordered Efibre online at the end of August, and believing the Eircom website thought that I would have it installed within 12 days, fair enough I thought, so I cancelled my current 3G broadband plan, thinking that the efibre would be installed long before the 30 days cancellation time for my 3g broadband...Oh how wrong I was!!
    Withing the first week I had heard nothing about getting an install date, so called "support" and they said it was processing and I should hear something back within 2 days. 3 days later I call back and Im told the same thing, so I wait again.
    I called again the next week and Im then told that my order was"in Limbo" and never actually went to the install team. I was told this would be escalated, and I should hear back soon enough.
    I hear nothing for the next few days and call back again, and I'm told the same thing, that they will escalate it, and that they cannot directly contact the install team, that they can only update the case, ridiculous!
    I wait a few more days and call again, same story, but this time the agent, actually physically walks over to the install team (allegedly, might have gone for a smoke), Im waiting on the line for a minimum of 15 minutes, and Im told that my call is still "in limbo" and that they will try and sort me out with regular broadband, and will call me back that day......the call never came.
    Another 3 or 4 more calls in the space of a week and Im getting nowhere fast, my 3g broadband is finished and Im under pressure now as I work from home. 
    I had to go and buy a payg 3g broadband dongle to save me getting the sack.
    Yesterday I called again, the agent goes off checks the case, speaks to his manager, but doesnt cover the handset too well, I hear the manager claiming that I didnt fill in the online form properly, I nearly lost the plot! Its a bloody simple form, he gets back onto me and says this, he is a bit more confident in tone now, because he believes what his manger has just told him, and starts to blame me for not filling in the form properly...I tear him a new one!

I really cannot get over the amazing lack of customer service from Eircom here, nobody knows what the hell is going on in that place. I was originally gonna go with sky who could have been out in 4 days.
    Not once has eircom called me back even though being promised on several occasions, I have had to go chasing all the time.
    I work in customer service and I sear to baby jesus if we perfomed 1/50th as bad as eircom you would be looking for a new job.

As it stands I think my order is still in a magic place and not actually with the install team.

Can someone get back to me ASAP as I refuse to do my daily call to the customer service maze.

If it is not sorted by Friday, you can cancel the order and I'll take my business elsewhere, and will advise everyone I come into contact with to do the same.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

buckley99 wrote: »
    So I ordered Efibre online at the end of August, and believing the Eircom website thought that I would have it installed within 12 days, fair enough I thought, so I cancelled my current 3G broadband plan, thinking that the efibre would be installed long before the 30 days cancellation time for my 3g broadband...Oh how wrong I was!!
    Withing the first week I had heard nothing about getting an install date, so called "support" and they said it was processing and I should hear something back within 2 days. 3 days later I call back and Im told the same thing, so I wait again.
    I called again the next week and Im then told that my order was"in Limbo" and never actually went to the install team. I was told this would be escalated, and I should hear back soon enough.
    I hear nothing for the next few days and call back again, and I'm told the same thing, that they will escalate it, and that they cannot directly contact the install team, that they can only update the case, ridiculous!
    I wait a few more days and call again, same story, but this time the agent, actually physically walks over to the install team (allegedly, might have gone for a smoke), Im waiting on the line for a minimum of 15 minutes, and Im told that my call is still "in limbo" and that they will try and sort me out with regular broadband, and will call me back that day......the call never came.
    Another 3 or 4 more calls in the space of a week and Im getting nowhere fast, my 3g broadband is finished and Im under pressure now as I work from home.
    Yesterday I called again, the agent goes off checks the case, speaks to his manager, but doesnt cover the handset too well, I hear the manager claiming that I didnt fill in the online form properly, I nearly lost the plot! Its a bloody simple form, he gets back onto me and says this, he is a bit more confident in tone now, because he believes what his manger has just told him, and starts to blame me for not filling in the form properly...I tear him a new one!

I really cannot get over the amazing lack of customer service from Eircom here, nobody knows what the hell is going on in that place. I was originally gonna go with sky who could have been out in 4 days.
    Not once has eircom called me back even though being promised on several occasions, I have had to go chasing all the time.
    I work in customer service and I sear to baby jesus if we perfomed 1/50th as bad as eircom you would be looking for a new job.

As it stands I think my order is still in a magic place and not actually with the install team.

Can someone get back to me ASAP as I refuse to do my daily call to the customer service maze.

If it is not sorted by Friday, you can cancel the order and I'll take my business elsewhere, and will advise everyone I come into contact with to do the same.

Hi buckley99,

I'm sorry to hear of the issue you are having with your Fibre order.

Would you like to PM me your details and I'll look into this for you?

Thanks

Tracey

• Registered Users Posts: 10 buckley99

So I ordered Efibre online at the end of August, and believing the Eircom website thought that I would have it installed within 12 days, fair enough I thought, so I cancelled my current 3G broadband plan, thinking that the efibre would be installed long before the 30 days cancellation time for my 3g broadband...Oh how wrong I was!!

Hi buckley99,

Thanks

Tracey
    PM sent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Hi buckley99,

Thanks

Tracey
    PM sent.

Thank you for those details.

I'll look into this and come back to you through PM's tomorrow.

Thanks

Tracey

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭tdonegan1990

Im in the same boat mate!
    Did you get yours sorted?

Im in the same boat mate!
    Did you get yours sorted?
    Unfortunately not, was advised to cancel and reset up my order, as they had no idea where or when my original order would be processed and nobody could give me a straight answer. One agent actually blatantly lied to me over the phone and how soon she could have my new order set up (1-4 days).  then talked to another honest agent called Rachel who advised me that I should never have been told that as it will be possibly 5-6 WEEKS as they have to wait for my original order to cancel!!!

So with my order cancelled I rang Vodafone on THURSDAY, who are offering me 70MB, unlimited downloads for €35 a month, cheaper than Eircon, their modem arrived this morning and their engineer is coming out on Wednesday morning. so all in all this should be done within a week.

the polar opposite of eircom 
    -Nearly 7 weeks waiting for an actual install date
    -ringing every 2 days
    -never getting 1 promised call back
    - some (not all) service agents not very helpful, how many times can the one call be escalated without someone taking ownership.
    -dreadful customer service, actually glad things went t*ts up as what should have been a simple thing turned into a complete disaster.

Take my advice and find a different service provider, if they dont have it set up within the promised 10 days, cancel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

yeah I ordered on the 13th of Sept was told install would take place on the 20th of Sept.Turns out a order was never placed have been pissed about since then was told I would get a date for install on OCT 4th no surprise that date has come and gone but no reply from eircom.Todays the last day after that I'm cancelling and starting all over again with a new provider.

dave1982 wrote: »
    yeah I ordered on the 13th of Sept was told install would take place on the 20th of Sept.Turns out a order was never placed have been pissed about since then was told I would get a date for install on OCT 4th no surprise that date has come and gone but no reply from eircom.Todays the last day after that I'm cancelling and starting all over again with a new provider.
    Sounds familiar. Took me 6 weeks and about 20 calls to get them to tell me that my original online order could not be completed, and to find out that it could be up to another 5 weeks before I got sorted was the last straw. Unbelievably bad customer service from eircom. they had been aware something was wrong after the first week and at no point was anything done to rectify the situation.

I wouldnt even wait until the end of the day Dave1982, cancel now and order with someone else, dont waste another day waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

dave1982 wrote: »
    Sounds familiar. Took me 6 weeks and about 20 calls to get them to tell me that my original online order could not be completed, and to find out that it could be up to another 5 weeks before I got sorted was the last straw. Unbelievably bad customer service from eircom. they had been aware something was wrong after the first week and at no point was anything done to rectify the situation.

I wouldnt even wait until the end of the day Dave1982, cancel now and order with someone else, dont waste another day waiting.
    I cancelled this morning tried to last night but cancellation team were gone home, cancelling was esy enough because there was no order there in the 1st place, they had problems with the online orders so it never went trough

Advertisement