Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Webcam

Options
  • 01-10-2013 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭

I'm looking for either a cheap or a second hand webcam. Is there anywhere on here for selling tech gear?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭m4rkiz

check adverts.ie http://www.adverts.ie/for-sale/computers/peripherals/128/q_webcam/sortby_price-asc/ or visit your local argos - http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&searchTerms=9131451

try avoiding no-name products and check if it comes with drivers for your system and build in microphone as older models may not be supported on new windows versions (especially 64 bits flavours)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Cheers m4rkiz
    It'll be for a mac, does that make any difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭m4rkiz

actually it does, make SURE that you will have drivers for it, as not that much webcams have mac drivers included, and i don't think that there is that many webcams working OOTB with macs

if it doesn't specifically says it is mac compatible you can be almost sure it won't work

anyway main sites that are worth checking: adverts, donedeal, gumtree and ebay

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

Not many people buying webcams these days, usually built-in, not on your mac? I'd look in the bargain/clearance sections of the likes of tesco and harvey norman, have seen some there recently, good branded ones as well...

• Registered Users Posts: 2 fink22

Green&Red wrote: »
    I'm looking for either a cheap or a second hand webcam. Is there anywhere on here for selling tech gear?

Try dx.com

• Advertisement
Advertisement