Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vietnam

Options
  • 01-10-2013 4:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭

Im living in Vietnam at the moment and I have to say its the cheapest country I've ever been to. I feel like a king living here.

Today I went to two posh restaurants to eat. These are the kind of restaurants I would go to back home maybe once a fortnight and here its affordable to do it every day! I don't know how I'm going to adjust when I go home since this extravagant lifestyle has become a habit.

The women here are incredible. If your white and speak English, you can pretty much pull any bird. I know I guy who has been here less than two weeks and he has gone on three dates and slept with a hooker from a lady bar for 30 euro. You need to be careful though because there are prostitutes everywhere and you need to be sure that the girl you take home from the club isn't one or they'll charge you 1 million dong.

Is this the case with most of south east Asia? I feel like I've died and gone to heaven.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Caonima

Hope you're not teaching English, mate; your post is a minefield :D

And I wouldn't consider pulling birds to include hookers - that's kind of cheating, don't you think?

I had a similar thread closed down where I generally asked about people's sexcess abroad so I wouldn't be surprised if this one gets shitcanned, too.

But yeah, in China it's pretty much the same. Foreigners have a great time. Been with a rake of young wans over here in my first few years, but got a little burned out after a while. It can be pretty frenetic, and the China AIDS stats are not to be sniffed at. They say every Western guy in China is MBA - married but available - if you know what I mean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭dpp v mcgee

Caonima wrote: »
    Hope you're not teaching English, mate; your post is a minefield :D

Believe me I'm doing well with the shocking calibre of native teachers they have here. My landlord is a Vietnamese English teacher. She was arguing how little she gets compared to native English teachers. She was saying she only gets 5 dollar an hour compared to between 20-30 for a native speaker. She wasn't aware of the fact that her son had to explain to me what she was saying.
    Caonima wrote: »
    And I wouldn't consider pulling birds to include hookers - that's kind of cheating, don't you think?

I had a similar thread closed down where I generally asked about people's sexcess abroad so I wouldn't be surprised if this one gets shitcanned, too.

But yeah, in China it's pretty much the same. Foreigners have a great time. Been with a rake of young wans over here in my first few years, but got a little burned out after a while. It can be pretty frenetic, and the China AIDS stats are not to be sniffed at. They say every Western guy in China is MBA - married but available - if you know what I mean.

What kind of money are the locals on compared to English language teachers?

Advertisement