Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New York v Mayo SFC May 2014

• 01-10-2013 4:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭

Seems to be a bit of confusion over the dates for this match! It is usually played on the bank holiday weekend at the beginning of May. The last time we played them in 2009 we flew out on the Friday the 8th and the match was on the Sunday 10th which was the weekend after the bank holiday. We'll know for sure when the master fixtures list is published in December.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 868 ✭✭✭Gerry91

Haha when I saw the title I thought you were either really bored, really looking forward to the championship next year or doing anything you can to forget last Sunday haha

Can't wait myself, hopefully he sticks with Freeman in full

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

Gerry91 wrote: »
    Haha when I saw the title I thought you were either really bored, really looking forward to the championship next year or doing anything you can to forget last Sunday haha

Can't wait myself, hopefully he sticks with Freeman in full

;)

There's a bit of that alright, going through the grieving process :( Organising a group booking to go over for the match for a few days, similer to what we did in 09. Confused be the dates though, the match seems to be always on the bank holiday weekend, but when we were there in 2009 it was on the weekend after (10th May) :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 868 ✭✭✭Gerry91

mayo.mick wrote: »
    There's a bit of that alright, going through the grieving process :( Organising a group booking to go over for the match for a few days, similer to what we did in 09. Confused be the dates though, the match seems to be always on the bank holiday weekend, but when we were there in 2009 it was on the weekend after (10th May) :confused:

I've no clue myself sorry! Be great aul craic though, serious idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 zanthus

Would anyone have any information on tickets?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

How much do you reckon the all in cost for the trip would be Mick?

• Advertisement

ColeTrain wrote: »
    How much do you reckon the all in cost for the trip would be Mick?

Nothing priced yet, hoping to get a quote for group of 30. Cost €1150 the last time we were over in 09, flights, 5 nights, visa's, insurance and transfers the far side. Hopefully price will be a bit cheaper.

Nothing priced yet, hoping to get a quote for group of 30. Cost €1150 the last time we were over in 09, flights, 5 nights, visa's, insurance and transfers the far side. Hopefully price will be a bit cheaper.

That's not too bad. Would be a shame not to make use of the season ticket :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Wait, does this game count as your free championship game on the season ticket?

That would be farcical if true!

DDC1990 wrote: »

I highly doubt it. It would be some craic though if it did and 2,000 Mayo heads travelled over just to make use of it!

DDC1990 wrote: »

As what happened in 09 against New York, and in 2011 against London they counted as an extra free match!!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

The other notable question is, does it count against you in the 60% calculation if you don't go ?

The other notable question is, does it count against you in the 60% calculation if you don't go ?

Its not counted in the 60% attendance. It is an extra free match!!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

Its not counted in the 60% attendance. It is an extra free match!!:)

Free, very good.
    Though seriously, am looking at doing the trip next year, make a long weekend of it.
    Fixtures out in December, is that right?
    When is the season ticket on sale to new applicants?

Season tickets usually go on general sale at the beginning of December. Master fixtures list usually published mid December.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Free, very good.
    Though seriously, am looking at doing the trip next year, make a long weekend of it.

That sounds like a fantastic idea, great stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Free, very good.

That sounds like a fantastic idea, great stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

mayo.mick correct on both counts (I asked HQ)

This fixture is covered by the season ticket but it doesn't count as the opening fixture and No it doesn't count towards the 60% Attendance total.
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

Bit early for this thread maybe??

Anyway Mayo ought to win Connaught again handy enough I'd say. Roscommon are going well albeit against pretty ordinary opposition, Sligo have gone backwards and Galway are in a bad state. Leitrim as usual will be full of heart and difficult to beat in Carrick but not a realistic threat to Mayo.

As for London I imagine they won't be too fearful of playing Galway the way things are going. But Mayo are a distance ahead of all other teams in Connaught right now (and that in itself isn't entirely a good thing from Mayo's perspective, they could do with Galway and Roscommon presenting more of a challenge).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭CrabRevolution

I dont think its that much of a disadvantage having no credible opposition in your province. Mayo have won their last 3 quarter finals after winning Connacht, and their last 2 semi finals. As much as it pains me to say as a Meath man, Dublin have won the last 3 Leinsters at a canter and have only lost 1 match in the AI series in those years. Same with Kilkenny From 2005-2009, absolutely strolled through Leinster with increasing ease every year and were still fresh as anything when the AI series rolled around.

Advertisement