Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need Help and Advice on wholesale/buying in bulk

Options
  • 01-10-2013 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

I'm interested in starting up my own small business . I want to start off selling mens runners Nike , Adidas etc. I was just looking on advice on buying shoes at wholesale prices . Nearly every single website I've come across is Chinese but I'm very wary about buying from them . I have emailed and chatted to these websites on live messengers which usually pop up on the screen . Judging by the response the sites quite obviously aren't fake . I'm just curious as to why none of them will use PayPal and only MoneyGram and Western Union . I know a lot of these sites are scams .

I'm just looking on advice on what is the best way to buy mens shoes in bulk at good prices and any advice on having them imported and the best sites to use , just all info surrounding the subject really wholesale buying and importing . Thanks in advance .

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

MoneyGram and Western Union mean you have absolutely no come back if the goods don't turn up or are fake.

You have no contact details, the 'seller' just goes into their local MoneyGram/Western Union office (with the reference number you give them) and they get given the cash.

If a supplier insists you use MoneyGram/Western Union, find another supplier. Don't even think about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭McGeezerr

Graham wrote: »
    MoneyGram and Western Union mean you have absolutely no come back if the goods don't turn up or are fake.

You have no contact details, the 'seller' just goes into their local MoneyGram/Western Union office (with the reference number you give them) and they get given the cash.

If a supplier insists you use MoneyGram/Western Union, find another supplier. Don't even think about it.

Yeah I've actually been doing some research lately and a lot of the scammers just have money from customers lodged in through those methods above and just disappear . In addition to this the Chinese government couldn't give two ****s either .

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭getsome

Been looking into this myself, how do you plan on selling?

Just out of curiosity can I ask why you've chosen mens runners?

Is there a gap in the market you've spotted?
    Are you struggling to buy runners locally?
    Have you worked out a way to get better wholesale prices than the major retailers?
    Can you undercut the major retailers on price?

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭McGeezerr

Graham wrote: »
    Just out of curiosity can I ask why you've chosen mens runners?

Is there a gap in the market you've spotted?
    Are you struggling to buy runners locally?
    Have you worked out a way to get better wholesale prices than the major retailers?
    Can you undercut the major retailers on price?

Because the particular types of runners I am looking at aren't available in Ireland . And no I'm not struggling to buy runners locally I live in the city . And it is yes to both those questions it's just a case of finding the reliable source . I actually know of a lady who used do this kind of thing and the money she was making was very very good !

• Advertisement

McGeezerr wrote: »
    I actually know of a lady who used do this kind of thing and the money she was making was very very good !

Why did she stop? Any chance you could ask her where the runners were sourced?

Advertisement