Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terraria 1.2!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Played about 40 minutes of this last night. I hadn't played in the best part of a year before this, though previously I'd gotten about half way through hardmode.

I'm starting again, and cannot wait to get home to get stuck into it.

First time I played this I was at a LAN with 3 other mates and we had just finished a game of Civ. I saw that Terraria 4 packs were on sale, and we said "**** it I've no idea what it's about but lets give it a go". Seven hours later we realised it was 5 in the morning. Good times.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Terraria 2 is in development apparently..

linky

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Started to watch this guy stream this morning while browsing my usual forums emails etc, 2 hours later and i dont know where the time has gone.
    Will definitely play some more of this game,amazing amazing stuff.

http://www.twitch.tv/xrylite

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Played again today. New changes really make it so entirely good again ( nothing was wrong before by the way).
    I decided to look around my location and went exploring. I got a huge snow biome outside my base and it had very thick snow. Combined with lovely music it made me disappear in game. It's awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

5th Character died today, other four died to boulder traps but this time i was super careful, and fell to my death :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Bought this today and really enjoying it. Just made myself a basic 3 room stone house (after finally getting a bed made), for somewhere to camp out during the nights. Wandered way too far from it though into a mountain type area, and got killed trying to make my way back. Did manage to recover my items though.

Made some tin armour, and am about to go down down down :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Been playing it since 1.2 was released and I'm loving it! Feels very fresh and new since my last play through a few months ago. It feels more like a mini expansion pack rather than a patch.

Found a huge living tree which I built my base in, using the height to my advantage but mixing it with the natural branches and leaves to have more of a natural look, just waiting to get the living tree wand in hard mode.

The new bosses and enemies are a great addition, nothing too over powered but if you face them with crap gear, you're going to die.

I haven't stumbled across the Bee hive yet, should be interesting.

Went to kill the wall of flesh, then I remembered I've done barely any hardmode prep, it's probably the only addition to the game that I don't like, mainly how it spreads and destroys the other biomes, forcing you to either spend hours and hours digging trenches only to have it ruined when you break another altar, or just deal with it and be leaft with very little character to the world.

This is a perfect example of what i just did for the last 2 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

might give her a crack now when i get back see what 1.2 offers

Can anyone tell me what the red glowing things are underground? I can't seem to mine it, and i get damaged when hitting it with the hammer. I tried googling it, and it sounds like a Demon Alter, but it looks different and isn't particularly far down. I've come across a few of them so far.

• Advertisement

Kiith wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me what the red glowing things are underground? I can't seem to mine it, and i get damaged when hitting it with the hammer. I tried googling it, and it sounds like a Demon Alter, but it looks different and isn't particularly far down. I've come across a few of them so far.

Is it a Hellforge, by any chance?

http://terraria.wikia.com/wiki/Hellforge

You need a particular level of Hammer to get those bad boys out of the ground.

[edit] I just saw you said "not particularly far down" so ignore my answer above. Odd, I haven't see these things you describe. Got a screenshot?

Yeah, it's not that either. It looks like red ore with...eyeballs? I'll get a screenshot so i won't need such a bad description in a few minutes, once i've delved back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Lava or Hellforge is all I can think of. Though I only just started playing again yesterday so they might have added something new in (like my new raincoat & hat!!)

Sand blocks are the only other things near the surface that can harm you (as they fall on you).

Ok, here it is. I'll try making a better hammer later and smashing it...once i kill Cthulhu's giant eye.

Zh8iU1g.png

I would love a boards.ie server for this :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

I would love a boards.ie server for this :)

I find that having a server is all well and good but unlike minecraft you cant build without fear of someone greifing (no protection plugins)

Also with a few players you can pretty much empty a map of all chests in a day or two. Would need to rotate the map every now and again.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭synesthesia

started a server with a friend ... the new updated is bloody brilliant!

Ok, here it is. I'll try making a better hammer later and smashing it...once i kill Cthulhu's giant eye.

Yup...hellforge.

Yup...hellforge.

Have they changed the way hellforges look in 1.2?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Yup...hellforge.

Actually, It's a new item, called a Crimson Altar, only appears in worlds where Crimson exists.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Its the crimson worlds equivalent to the demon altar. Hell forges are found in hell.

You can only mine them when you get to hard mode, when you do it spawns the hard mode metals around your world. First thing you want to do when you get to hard mode is mine as many of them as you can, leaving just one so you can make **** at it.

Really liking this new patch. Started a new character/world.. finally found my first hard mode dungeon key, got the Scourge of the corruption... sweet weapon.

Rocking it turtle armor with a legendary death sickle and paladin hammer.... pretty insane set up. Need one more Broken Hero Sword for Terrablade

Ah...my bad. Been so long since I played. It does look similar to a hellforge though.

Ah what the hell? I just turned it on this evening and i've lost all my characters items. All my chests and crappy house is fine, but i'm back at my spawn with no gear or money. There goes my magic mirror, double jump, wall jumping, and platinum gear (might not be much, but it feels like it :()

God damn it :mad:

Nevermind, i've replaced most of it. Guess none of what i had was particularly rare.

Thank god for double jump btw...

Managed to make some good progress today, getting a full set crimson armour and weapons, and killing my first few bosses. Also spent 2 hours building a huge 5 story house for some NPC's, which i put way too much effort into :P

It's absolutely worth the $10 i spent on it. Great game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

It really is a genius little game.

Aye, played some more too. Killed World Eater? ( big worm ) and Finally got my demonite armour. At the same time I hit bottom hell with my mining shaft. Will be working on full Hellstone armour.

I am really glad they are making Terraria 2 and still had time to give us 1.2. Fair play! Everyone should own this bad boy!

P.s. Spider Caverns are scary when you are low level! :eek:

Fell in lava and died on Medium difficulty when fighting the Wall of Flesh. Most items and all gold destroyed. Those that remained where under 10 blocks of lava. Doh!!! Wouldn't be too bad, but can't make obsidian potions yet, so no way to get gear back!!

I'm finding hardmode ... well ... hard. I have full Adamantite armour, some beam sword, assault rifle and a defense of about 60.

Got butchered by the Twins twice last night, and another twice by the Destroyer (and he's supposed to be the easiest?). Normal enemies are fine, but these bosses are tough. Even with potions (basic ones I admit).

I've heard that Frost Armour (dropped during Blizzards?) and a mushroom spear are good for the Destroyer. Anyone have any idea how to get the Truffle NPC in? I have a mushroom house on a mushroom biome set up on the surface. No joy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

This game is €2.49 on Steam at the moment.

Advertisement