Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best 3G or 4G options for IPAD3

• 01-10-2013 6:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭

I have an Ipad 3 with the 3G (and I think 4G) option. I was thinking that I might take out a subscription and see do I make use of it on the go during the day etc. I wont be doing any major downloads but may look at streamed videos of some online courses I was thinking of doing.

I was wondering what experiences any of you have had and what is the best option for coverage/ quality/ price out there.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

I'd probably go with 3 because they offer free data if you're up in the North too. Or a few other counties too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 469 ✭✭JonMac

Be aware that 3 will want to send you text messages to activate SIM, web password, etc.
    They really don't get the fact that the iPad can't do text.
    Two months ago their website wasn't clear that you had to call them to get online.
    I just cancelled my 30 day SIM.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭pmct

I think the question being asked is to go with a 3G sim not 3 Ireland or to
    Get a 4g sim I could be wrong though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

Thanks for the replies.

My question is both. Should I go for aa 3G or a 4G sim and which provider gives best balance of cost/ coverage / quality? I wont be using it a huge amount but hope to use it to watch some streamed video.

My location of use will be Meath and Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Does the iPad 3 have 4g. As far as I know eMobile/meteor are the only ones offering 4g at the moment

• Advertisement
Advertisement