Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

United Ireland

Options
  • 01-10-2013 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

So they say Ireland could be united within the next 50 years. I was wondering should Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland become one, what would New Ireland's world standing be and what could it mean for Ireland as a whole? As far as I can see the North of Ireland would need very little development as it is part of the United Kingdom at the moment, it already has modern infrastructure such as airports, motorways, military infrastructure........

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

More importantly, whose Tayto would we get, our's or the Nordies?

Ireland says no!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭Sir Humphrey Appleby

Oh no, not again!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,298 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Hello thread, havent seen you in about 2 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

RianL wrote: »
    So they say Ireland could be united within the next 50 years. I was wondering should Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland become one, what would New Ireland's world standing be and what could it mean for Ireland as a whole? As far as I can see the North of Ireland would need very little development as it is part of the United Kingdom at the moment, it already has modern infrastructure such as airports, motorways, military infrastructure........

We already have motorways (more) airports (more), and military infrastructure. BTW isn't NI still in the stone age? I thought they dont have cars up there as they seem to be marching everywhere.

No to a united Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

Soon the half life of the After Hours united ireland debate will have decayed to the point where a new thread is opened before the previous thread has even been opened, thereby rending the fabric of space-time and ending the universe as we know it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

They can go and sh1te if they think I'm drinking Harp too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Days 298

Short answer: No
    Long answer:No

• Registered Users Posts: 16,555 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Yeah, and a shítload of money pumped into it every year from London, any idea on how that funding would continue?

The economy is dead in the water up there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

No, thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 RianL

Oh no, not again!!!

Seems my hopes for a adult debate were far fetched.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

I was thinking OP , that we might get the Poppy Day thread started shortly , what say you ?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

Seems my hopes for a adult debate were far fetched.
    Not in after hours bud!

Hey OP

Welcome to boards. There is a recent thread on this subject here. It's quite a popular subject so the search function should help you find other discussions relating to it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement