Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Voting cards for this Friday?

Options
  • 01-10-2013 6:48pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone gotten the usual voting card in the post yet?

We've not and I'm just wondering if it's a change that we perhaps don't need them?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I got mine today so you do need them. The used to send them out a lot earlier in the past but I noticed last time they were quite late too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

Ours came today too.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,352 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Got mine in the post today, but as long as you're on the voters' register, and you have some form of ID with you (probably picture ID required) then you don't need the actual card.

ETA - actually, I think you probably need proof of address as well - a bill or something similar.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Thanks guys, our post tends to be slow so I'll just wait till tomorrow :)

I know I don't need them, but it's handy to know which of the many different rooms in the school to go to :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Stheno wrote: »
    Thanks guys, our post tends to be slow so I'll just wait till tomorrow :)

I know I don't need them, but it's handy to know which of the many different rooms in the school to go to :D

If your post is "Slow" you should complain.

It appears Fingal are last to send them out. P.Os in Meath and Louth constituancies had theirs last week in their offices while in our office they arrived on Sunday night so will all be delivered by Wednesday evening.

It might actually mean less people will misplace them as is often the case when they come out 2 or 3 weeks before pooling day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

Just seen this posted on Facebook :

Dublin City Council have advised me that an error occurred printing some polling cards for Friday's voting. Some new voters have not received voting cards. Voters who recently changed address may not have received cards. Remember A VOTER IS NOT REQUIRED TO PRESENT A POLLING CARD AT THE POLLING STATION IN ORDER TO VOTE. Bring a valid ID - passport, drivers licence, Garda or student ID or social welfare card.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

I got mine yesterday and there is a change of polling station on it compared to the last vote

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

LeoB wrote: »
    If your post is "Slow" you should complain.

It appears Fingal are last to send them out. P.Os in Meath and Louth constituancies had theirs last week in their offices while in our office they arrived on Sunday night so will all be delivered by Wednesday evening.

It might actually mean less people will misplace them as is often the case when they come out 2 or 3 weeks before pooling day

Leo, I seriously couldn't be bothered at this stage, I've gotten to the point where I just put up with what is an utterly crap service.

Both of us working from home yesterday, yet we magically "missed" the postman allegedly ringing the doorbell with a parcel.

Happens at least every second time we have any sort of delivery so we then have to go to the sorting office to collect stuff :(
    Our post gets delivered to the wrong house (the one next door) so we've to regularly check in there to see if they have any of our post. The house names are similiar but not that chuffing similiar

Grr. Sorry. Rant over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Cedrus

We got two each, one for the last house (which we still own 7 years after moving out and at least 6 years since I told the registrar that we moved) and one each for the 'new house ' despite never applying to be added to the register (just like the Chilean, Venezuelan, french and Spanish neighbours who also got full voting rights from the same lazy registrar. Apparently in Cork County you just need a telephone to vote.

Cedrus wrote: »
    We got two each, one for the last house (which we still own 7 years after moving out and at least 6 years since I told the registrar that we moved) and one each for the 'new house ' despite never applying to be added to the register (just like the Chilean, Venezuelan, french and Spanish neighbours who also got full voting rights from the same lazy registrar. Apparently in Cork County you just need a telephone to vote.

Our address is funny, our actual address is completely different from our address which is used everyday, so they might have gone missing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭wow sierra

There's a change in Polling Station for people in Balbriggan who used to use St Peter & Pauls(Balbriggan NS) and the Combined Clubs - they are now in St Mologas (near Cardy Rock).

In Swords some estates have changed from St Colmcilles NS changed to Applewood Community Centre

Theres a link on the homepage of the Council website www.Fingalcoco.ie

wow sierra wrote: »
    There's a change in Polling Station for people in Balbriggan who used to use St Peter & Pauls(Balbriggan NS) and the Combined Clubs - they are now in St Mologas (near Cardy Rock).

In Swords some estates have changed from St Colmcilles NS changed to Applewood Community Centre

Theres a link on the homepage of the Council website www.Fingalcoco.ie

Thanks OP, know where I need to go now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

Mine hadn't arrived by the weekend and was worried so I checked the voting register and I wasn't on it yet they arrived yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

Ours arrived yesterday,

just remembered, about 6 weeks ago a chap called to the door one evening.
    He had correct FCC I.D. and said he was checking the register.

We are in a rural area, and this only happened once before in 20 yrs.

Anyone else have a visit from FCC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭seanmacc

martinn123 wrote: »
    Ours arrived yesterday,

just remembered, about 6 weeks ago a chap called to the door one evening.
    He had correct FCC I.D. and said he was checking the register.

We are in a rural area, and this only happened once before in 20 yrs.

Anyone else have a visit from FCC.

We have gotten the visit from them a few weeks before every election/referendum up to this one but not this time for whatever reason.

My wife who is only just been put on the register a couple of weeks ago (only recently an Irish citizen) got her card on Monday. The rest of the house got ours today.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭alexonhisown

Just received a letter from dcc this morning saying there was an technical error and our voting cards were not printed.
    I assume we are not the only ones.
    We can use the letter to vote.
    If they can print a letter to tell us that, why couldn't they have printed the voting cards?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

Just received a letter from dcc this morning saying there was an technical error and our voting cards were not printed.
    I assume we are not the only ones.
    We can use the letter to vote.
    If they can print a letter to tell us that, why couldn't they have printed the voting cards?

Ah well, that would require, foresight, logic, forward thinking, and common sense.
    We're talking a Local Auth. here. LOL

Advertisement