Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Mobile incompetence

Options
  • 01-10-2013 6:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

The first thing I would do is wait until tomorrow to see the reply from the PM you sent on the talk to....forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Sorry! It was just a suggestion based on what was known.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Seems very long alright, my port took 24hrs.

Could it be the case that they have the wrong Sim or phone number for the destened port. Was this number given over the phone to Tesco mobile, maybe the number was entered incorrectly.

What happens when you ring your number?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

have you tried calling them yourself and troubleshooting with them?

it sounds like the port from O2 to TM is stuck?

I didn't realise an assistant handled it all for you, never mind my post, I did it over the phone.

Deed looks like the port is stuck on the Tesco side, looks like o2 did their bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

This appears to the best option open to you now. It really doesn't matter where the port action failed, you engaged with Tesco to coordinate the port, so they should sort it out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Most contracts have a cooling off period if you want to cancel

Oh, rookie mistake, that used to happen 10 years ago when I worked in a mobile shop, always at the weekend when the poor customer was left with nothing only to turn up at the shop door Monday morning threatening cancelling of their contract, and rightly so.

Tesco mobile should have checked the sim in your possession 1st thing when you called them, not doing that is a simple error. Make a formal complaint.

Advertisement