Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Afternoon Tea in Dunboyne Castle

Options
  • 01-10-2013 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Trying to organise a cheap girly day for a pregnant friend. Has anyone had afternoon tea in Donboyne Castle. Not much info on their website and can't find any info online?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

Awesome-O wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Trying to organise a cheap girly day for a pregnant friend. Has anyone had afternoon tea in Donboyne Castle. Not much info on their website and can't find any info online?

Thanks in advance

Just give them a ring... im sure they would arrange something nice for ye if you had numbers of how many going what ye prefer etc.

Bellinter House outside Navan is also a very popular place for a sort of afternoon tea thingy too.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Awesome-O

I'll look them up too thanks, I know a few places in town do it but it's quite pricey

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭tara83

The Knightbrook in Trim does a lovely afternoon tea and its reasonable

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭peterobrien100

I would not recommend Dunboyne Castle at all ! Family member had an accident there no help at all from the hotel ! Overpriced and rude staff ! I would like to state that is just my opinion but I would suggest seeking other venues !

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Awesome-O

I've not got much good feedback about them tbh but its a surprise thing and the mother to be will be there anyway as she has a day booked. Not sure what to do now. Was also thinking of going to Christmas party there, glad we booked somewhere else in the end

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 JudgeRoyBean

Its been a couple of years since I was there but the Trim Castle hotel did a good afternoon tea and was pretty reasonable. Not sure where you are travelling from but Tankardstown House does a good tea and is a very nice spot, particularly if you get a decent day and can sit out in the courtyard.

Advertisement