Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carrigtwohill

Options
  • 01-10-2013 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭

Hi All

looking for some help. My parents are is going to a wedding in Carrigtwohill in November and is looking to see if there is accomodation fairly close by if possible and not to far on a motorway or busy road
    my father would be the main driver and will be driving to Cork but will be having a few drinks there so my mother will be driving back to where ever they are staying - so the closest place possible, hotel or b&b doesnt matter

thanks in advance for any help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

The nearest decent accomadation would be Vienna Woods or Silversprings Hotels. If Google Cork hotels B&B etc you'll find a good few within a 4/5 mile range.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jeju

aujopimur wrote: »
    The nearest decent accomadation would be Vienna Woods or Silversprings Hotels. If Google Cork hotels B&B etc you'll find a good few within a 4/5 mile range.

In all fairness Fota Island Resort is about a mile from Carrigtwohill
    http://www.fotaisland.ie/ .The Midleton Park is close enough too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Fota Island is the nearest as jeju says above. It's 5 star though, might be out of budget range?

Next nearest is probably the radisson blu in little island. Midleton hotels would be near too, as would anything in cork city center. There are both bus and train services to carrigtwohill, as well as taxi of course if they are not driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

Thanks for replies everyone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭scuby

fota have deals on groupon as well, thoght i saw one recently for €125 for a room B&B for 2...cant find link now though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Lambofdave

messrs wrote: »
    Thanks for replies everyone :)

Where is the reception?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Midleton Park is your best option, closer than the city, only about 5 or 6 min drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Or the Raddison in Little Island.

Oops someone mentioned it already.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭DanWall

Midleton Park is easy to find on the Carrigtowhill road as you go in to Midleton

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

There are also numerous good quality B&Bs in Carrigtwohill itself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

Lambofdave wrote: »
    Where is the reception?

in the couples house

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

Don't forget Cobh - not far from Carrigt. Lots of B&Bs, Commodore Hotel (I'd say 3 star) and Watersedge Hotel (boutique hotel). But Fota is closest - and 5 star, rooms are lovely. J

Advertisement