If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Av and bluetooth receiver

Options
  • 01-10-2013 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi.

I am interested in buying the following:
    1. Sony STR DH820 av receiver
    2. Harman Kardon BT10 bluetooth receiver

How much would the above package cost along with shipping to Tullamore?

Thanks.

Hassen

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

hassen27 wrote: »
    Hi.

I am interested in buying the following:
    1. Sony STR DH820 av receiver
    2. Harman Kardon BT10 bluetooth receiver

How much would the above package cost along with shipping to Tullamore?

Thanks.

Hassen
    Hi Hassen.

Thanks for posting.

The current price on the Sony Strdh820 is £149.95 / 182.99 Euro (One arriving in on Friday 4th)
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/av-receivers/sony/strdh820/sony-strdh820

The Harman Kardon BTA10 is priced at £49.95 / 59.99 Euro (Currently in stock)
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/wireless-streaming-accessories/harman-kardon/bta10/harm-bta10

Delivery to Tullamore would be £12.99 / 15.99 and shipped with DPD.

If orders leave our store on a Friday they are delivered the following Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 hassen27

Hi Kenny.

Thanks for the quick reply. 
    Just wanted to check whether I could connect my current Harman Kardon Soundsticks II in Zone 2 of the receiver without too much hassle to play music. The current setup I have in mind would have the Sony receiver and the Boston Acoustics Soundware XS 5.1 SE linked for movies. Harman Kardon bluetooth would be connected to the receiver and then music from a Nexus 7 tablet piped to the Harman Kardon Soundsticks that way.

I thought that might be the best way to have things connected. I have no experience with av receivers and any suggestions welcomed. If there are any better/cheaper bluetooth connectivity solutions, please let me know.

Also, I might as well ask, any chance of free/reduced delivery for the above package? :)

Thanks

Hassen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Hassen.

Unfortunately the Soundsticks will not run from the Zone 2 output on the Sony as this is designed to take a passive pair of speakers whereas the Soundsticks are active and have their own power supply.

You could connect the bluetooth adapter to the soundsticks, that will work but it would mean losing the bluetooth on the Sony.

You could always buy 2 bluetooth adapters.

Unfortunately our delivery on that system would be £12.99 but we do have a pricebeat so if you can get the same products delivered for less then we are happy to beat any price.

ATB

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 5 hassen27

Hi Dave.

Thanks for the info. I was looking to tying the whole system that way. Could you recommend a different AV receiver maybe that would work?
    Also, I forgot to mention, I have a Sony turntable with a built in pre-amp that I would like tie in somehow to the setup. 

Ideally I would like to have music from either the tablet(via bluetooth) or the turntable playing out to the Soundsticks and movies through the Boston Acoustics Soundware via an AV receiver. Or maybe it would just be easier to keep them separate?

Regards,

Hassen

ps.: How much would it cost just to get the Harman Kardon BTA10 delivered please?

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

hassen27 wrote: »
    Hi Dave.

Thanks for the info. I was looking to tying the whole system that way. Could you recommend a different AV receiver maybe that would work?
    Also, I forgot to mention, I have a Sony turntable with a built in pre-amp that I would like tie in somehow to the setup. 

Ideally I would like to have music from either the tablet(via bluetooth) or the turntable playing out to the Soundsticks and movies through the Boston Acoustics Soundware via an AV receiver. Or maybe it would just be easier to keep them separate?

Regards,

Hassen

ps.: How much would it cost just to get the Harman Kardon BTA10 delivered please?
    Hassen,

given that the Soundsticks are active I really think it would be better to keep the two systems separate - but you could connect the Soundsticks to the STRDH820 via the output 2 using a Phono cable.

If you just wanted the BTA10 ( its a brilliant product) we could do that at £49.95 with postage at £6.99

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.