Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

982 EUROS METEOR BILL!!!!

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

campo wrote: »
    How can I say it is morally wrong to charge someone a thousand euros for a months Broadband that usually cost 50e without any prior warning that she was going over her limit, they never throttled her speed and or closed her account...they just let it build up and build up and now expect to be paid

Well.....er....yes....that's how contracts with service providers work.

If you started leaving on all your lights and electrical appliances, immersion etc. etc. 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, do you really think ESB would give you a ring to let you know your bill was getting a bit high?

When you enter into a contract like that there's a presumption of some responsibility and common sense. That's why 12 year olds can't have their own mobile contracts.

Don't get me wrong, I've a small bit of sympathy for OP as it's a hard lesson to learn, but such is life. Most people at this stage should be aware of terms like 'out of bundle charges' and 'roaming' and most have learnt that they're things best avoided.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

Common sense will prevail here op. At the end of the day Meteor will see a genuine mistake has occurred and you won't pay this amount. There was an error here made by yourself and I've no doubt Meteor will acknowledge this based on your previous bills and come to a solution that suits both of ye. Some people know all the nuts and bolts around usage and streaming, the reality is most people don't have a clue about this.

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

wexie wrote: »
    Well.....er....yes....that's how contracts with service providers work.

If you started leaving on all your lights and electrical appliances, immersion etc. etc. 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, do you really think ESB would give you a ring to let you know your bill was getting a bit high?

When you enter into a contract like that there's a presumption of some responsibility and common sense. That's why 12 year olds can't have their own mobile contracts.

Don't get me wrong, I've a small bit of sympathy for OP as it's a hard lesson to learn, but such is life. Most people at this stage should be aware of terms like 'out of bundle charges' and 'roaming' and most have learnt that they're things best avoided.

again contract might be legally binding but certainly this is not morally right and from someone who worked for a sector very similar to Meteor for a very very long time I can guarantee once this gets on a desk of a person in position of power you can be sure that it will be sorted in a positive way for the OP.

I can also guarantee that Meteor and reading this thread with great interest and they will want a nice happy ending to it so everyone knows how much a great company they are

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

campo wrote: »
    again contract might be legally binding but certainly this is not morally right and from someone who worked for a sector very similar to Meteor for a very very long time I can guarantee once this gets on a desk of a person in position of power you can be sure that it will be sorted in a positive way for the OP.

I can also guarantee that Meteor and reading this thread with great interest and they will want a nice happy ending to it so everyone knows how much a great company they are

Oh I absolutely expect the same, as in Meteor is likely to write some of it off and then make a payment plan for the rest.

As you already pointed out :customer good will is an important thing to have and keep.

I don't think it's a moral issue in this case though. Although an argument could be made out of bundle (and roaming) charges are ludicrously high. (I believe the EU is looking at scrapping them altogether?)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

This thread has gone on long enough. There has been enough real advice in here in the midst of all the soapboxing.

Closing the thread for now. OP - if you want to add an update at some stage, you can PM me to have the thread reopened.

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement