Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loud bangs in Inchicore

Options
  • 01-10-2013 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Was just wondering if anyone else has been hearing the really loud bangs going off around Inchicore since yesterday? After some bangs car alarms have been going off as well. I was just wondering if anyone knew what they were?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,216 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

This time of year I would guess fireworks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Please Insert Name Here

Really? They go off at all times though?
    They don't really sound like fireworks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

They're fireworks...

That's good. I've been worrying about it :L

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

That's good. I've been worrying about it :L

Which part of Inchicore are we talking about?

I'm going through Inchicore on the way home from work, don't really fancy being hit by a banger while on the bicycle :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

They start going off in some parts of Dublin in late September, it is definitely fireworks. Heard them myself last night in town.

Lars1916 wrote: »
    Which part of Inchicore are we talking about?

I'm going through Inchicore on the way home from work, don't really fancy being hit by a banger while on the bicycle :mad:

Near spa road and emmet road I think

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭olly_mac

It seems the "little darlings" have started putting fireworks/bangers up the exhausts of cars this year. Hence the alarms going off, and I shudder to think of what other damage is being done to engines etc.

A little aside here, so apologies, but I actually saw a parent (presume it was a parent) hand a bag of bangers to a very young boy, with the advice "... and don't let them off on our road, I've got enough complaints about you already..." To think I need a licence to own a dog...

• Registered Users Posts: 10 lincoln

To think I need a licence to own a telly, blah blah. It's a tax, not a certificate of competency. If you gave birth to the dog things would be different.

Let them off with their bangers, a few fireworks might liven those stiffs up a bit.

Near spa road and emmet road I think

So exactly the way, I have to go home? Balls :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

lincoln wrote: »
    To think I need a licence to own a telly, blah blah. It's a tax, not a certificate of competency. If you gave birth to the dog things would be different.

Let them off with their bangers, a few fireworks might liven those stiffs up a bit.

You have such a clear and unaffected view of the world don't you? How wonderful. As if Inchichore needs livening up either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭TheBandicoot

God I really hate this attitude.

God I really hate this attitude.

Don't think, he ever had a banger thrown at him by some drunken yobs...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

Lars1916 wrote: »
    Don't think, he ever had a banger thrown at him by some drunken yobs...

Yeah. I was walking in Rialto with the missus one day when some delightful young'uns casually threw some loud bangers at our feet and strolled away. I ignored them but the missus was actually quite scared. You can imagine how amused I was when I saw that.

If we'd had a baby with us I would have called the guards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭dazberry

I was at the Blackhorse luas stop on Monday night around 10.30pm where a little scrot set off a banger, which at that point thankfully appeared to be his his last one. He then attempted to get on a Luas with his bicycle while there were ticket checkers on board so ensued a couple of minutes of agro. Oh to have such a life of gay abandon!

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 lincoln

Ah, don't be snobs, they're only having a bit of crack. Let them get it out of their system while they're young, they'll have loads of time to be boring when they're our age.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

Ah, don't be snobs, they're only having a bit of crack. Let them get it out of their system while they're young, they'll have loads of time to be boring when they're our age.

Have you ever had loud bangers thrown at your mother or wife that scared them? How exactly do you think they would feel if that happened?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Seriously? A bit of crack? Throwing dangerous objects at people and putting them through people's letterboxes? Throwing them at their windows or putting them in their car exhausts causing potential damage?

Ah yeah... shure... just a bit of crack.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Snobs, out of their systems, craic? The mind boggles. If it were you you would promote this behaviour and most likely allow it flourish into adulthood, at the detriment to society. I hope you don't have any real position of power or influence, you're clearly on a wind-up.

There's a difference between having a bit of fun and being no good pricks, at the expense of others.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Straight Talker

What a horrible time of year and they'll be at it until the middle of November at the very least.It's a pity that they are so easy to get up north.Fireworks can be fun but not when their in the wrong hands.

Cork 1990 All Ireland Senior Hurling and Football Champions

• Advertisement

What a horrible time of year and they'll be at it until the middle of November at the very least.It's a pity that they are so easy to get up north.Fireworks can be fun but not when their in the wrong hands.

I've just moved into the area and had no idea what the banging was. It's really annoying as it's going off at all hours! I hope i can stick it till November :L

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭mosi

And this is why so many kids run riot, not just at Halloween...this attitude that their just being kids and having fun.
    I've seen kids in town set off bangers on cars' back windscreens. A couple of years ago, a bunch of kids went into a park in the daylight when lots of dogs were being walked, and started throwing bangers towards the dogs. I've seen kids throw them at people's front doors. Every year there are horrific stories of animals being killed by youngsters sticking fireworks in their mouths etc. Elderly people get frightened by them...heck, I hate walking past groups of kids throwing bangers. Then there is the yearly ritual of having to calm my smallest dog who gets very distressed by the sound of them.
    Maybe stop and think about these scenarios and the others posted on this thread, then see if you think it's just a bit of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Straight Talker

mosi wrote: »
    And this is why so many kids run riot, not just at Halloween...this attitude that their just being kids and having fun.
    I've seen kids in town set off bangers on cars' back windscreens. A couple of years ago, a bunch of kids went into a park in the daylight when lots of dogs were being walked, and started throwing bangers towards the dogs. I've seen kids throw them at people's front doors. Every year there are horrific stories of animals being killed by youngsters sticking fireworks in their mouths etc. Elderly people get frightened by them...heck, I hate walking past groups of kids throwing bangers. Then there is the yearly ritual of having to calm my smallest dog who gets very distressed by the sound of them.
    Maybe stop and think about these scenarios and the others posted on this thread, then see if you think it's just a bit of fun.

You could cope before because back then it was for the week or two before halloween.Nowadays it goes on for a month either side of halloween.

Cork 1990 All Ireland Senior Hurling and Football Champions

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

lincoln wrote:
    You must not live somewhere where kids do this, or you did it as a kid and you're trying to justify your past actions as 'harmless fun', if you think it's 'only a bit of craic'. At times it sounds like Sarajevo.

I apologise if I'm wrong, but the 'let them at it' attitude doesn't sound like it comes from someone who has to experience it themselves.
    mosi wrote: »
    I've seen bangers thrown into the path of cars too. They cause mayhem in the Coombe hospital because every time a banger goes off it wakes the babies. Not to mention the stress on patients in James'.
    You could cope before because back then it was for the week or two before halloween. Nowadays it goes on for a month either side of halloween.
    Then there's a bit of a lull while they re-arm for New Year's Eve.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Kiltennel

If you think it's alright to give a young child something which has the power to blow their hand off and then let them use it unsupervised you shouldn't be a parent.

Advertisement