Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

7 weeks pregnant with a probable missed miscarriage

Options
  • 01-10-2013 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Going anonymous so I hope that is OK...

I am about 7 weeks pregnant and went for a private scan as was feeling a bit worried - haven't had any nausea for about a week while before that I was having persistent morning sickness type symptoms. Anyway, there was no gestation sac on the scan, and they say it could be I am having a missed miscarriage and to go to my GP.
    I haven't registered with any of the maternity hospitals yet. This is my 2nd pregnancy.

Just wondering what usually happens next? Have any of you ladies experienced the same thing? I am not having any bleeding or pain. Should I go to a maternity hospital and do they normally just go ahead and do an ERPC or wait for you to start bleeding naturally.

Really upset about our loss but at same time want to get things sorted and try again for a baby.
    Also wonder if I have an ERPC can we start TTC again straight away?

PS, not really asking for medical advice here. More about other peoples personal experiences in the Irish maternity hospitals of what to expect / what will probably happen next...

Thanks all

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Hi, unfortunately because everyone's experience of miscarriage is different you will definitely need to see your GP and have him refer you to the EPU. What happens next depends on the hospital you attend and what course of action the doctor thinks is best.

I am going to have to close this thread because we cannot give medical advice on D&C's/ERPC and if you can start trying again straight away as that will be on the advice of your medical professional.

My apologies.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement