Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Burger in Kilkenny?

Options
  • 01-10-2013 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

That's a good question, Just had a very tasty one in Dublin. I'm up here during the week. Don't know anywhere that does a great burger in Kilkenny for take away.

The pubs do some decent beef burgers as well. What are you looking for? Eat in or take out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Quick and easy, do them yourself. Get them from a butcher (they're usually big), smoked rashers also from the butcher (crucial not to get packaged ones), get a good cheese (I recommend mature cheddar as it's cheap and common), add mushrooms and onions (or not) and add a sauce (I recommend BBQ or marie-rose (a mix of mayo and ketchup)). Put these between Irish Pride floured baps and boom baby. Chips you'll still need to get from a chipper, I still haven't mastered that one.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

I'm hungry. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Cafe Roma on John st or Mario's :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

Rocco's

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭bassy

Face her for Carlow and hit the golden grill booooooooooooom

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭toe_knee

The 5oz or 10oz burger from Supermacs are pretty good. Make sure you add bacon. Probably the best around. Be warned the 10oz is a meal in itself :-)
    Phoenix wrote: »
    I wana indulge and treat myself this weekend so lads whats the best burger to be got in kilkenny?

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Rantan

Quick and easy, do them yourself. Get them from a butcher (they're usually big), smoked rashers also from the butcher (crucial not to get packaged ones), get a good cheese (I recommend mature cheddar as it's cheap and common), add mushrooms and onions (or not) and add a sauce (I recommend BBQ or marie-rose (a mix of mayo and ketchup)). Put these between Irish Pride floured baps and boom baby. Chips you'll still need to get from a chipper, I still haven't mastered that one.

gherkins,,,,you need gherkins.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

Agreed. Had the marios half pounder which is quite nice.

For the chips, thickly slice potatoes (as per your liking), par boil them for a few mins. dry them off, throw them on a baking tray, cover them nicely with salt, pepper, and olive oil, and lob them in the over for between 30-50mins at 200 degrees. Make a load and have them over 2 days. can't beat homemade chips

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

Eddie Rocketts usually do a nice burger in fact i had a lovely one from there on Sunday the place was busy so its doing something right.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

Whopper burger in Caesers in the newpark:
    Essentialy its a 1/4 pounder with cheese, coleslaw, onion, gerkins & a deep fried onion ring....

Unreal.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Fast food outlets invariably serve you that grey sliver of industrially processed beef.

If you were presented with just the patty alone, most folks would find it more than a little unappetising - overly chewy and about as succulent as carpet tile. Only with the addition of the traditional accompaniments does it actually become kinda moreish.

For me anyway, a great burger has to be of the home-made variety, using good quality mince, charred on the outside & juicy within. There's certainly room for a casual dining burger joint in Kilkenny & if it were well realised (sourcing from local farmers and getting the price-point, design and location right etc.), it could prove a real hit.

Til then, the domestic burger lab remains hard at work in a vain attempt to reproduce the likes of this bad boy.....

6GEVpCrl.jpg?1

Advertisement