Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lloydminster canada

Options
  • 01-10-2013 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

hello there i have been offered a job in lloydminster canada with a trucking company called rj hoffman and i was wondering had anyone any dealings with them.

i have seen mixed reviews on the web about dem but i would like to hear from someone with personal expierence i will be employed as a heavy duty mechanic if not does anyone know any reputable companies out there with good wages .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭DeclanClune

timmy395 wrote: »
    hello there i have been offered a job in lloydminster canada with a trucking company called rj hoffman and i was wondering had anyone any dealings with them.

i have seen mixed reviews on the web about dem but i would like to hear from someone with personal expierence i will be employed as a heavy duty mechanic if not does anyone know any reputable companies out there with good wages .

Hi Timmy,

I have had dealings with that company. They are offering 35 p/h for a 50 hour week. A clever trick to make the wages look better than what they are offering but it works out at only CAD 31.81 for the standard 40 hour week. Overtime is paid at 1.5 times basic.

I have placed a tonne of Heavy Equipment Technicians across Alberta - Red Deer, Drayton Valley, Lloydminster, Edmionton, St Paul, Whitecourt etc and the starting salaries are CAD 35 p/h. If you have 10 years + experience I have secured salaries p to CAD 45 p/h basic.

So the CAD 35 for 50 hr/wk isn't that great.

I am happy to direct you to employers that are willing to pay a descent wage. I will PM you more details.

Regards Declan

Advertisement