Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please recommend me a house surveyor - Limerick area

Options
  • 01-10-2013 11:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I viewed a house at the weekend. It ticks all the boxes pretty well and is on for the right money. I made an offer subject to structural survey which was not accepted yet as Estate Agent needs to communicate it back to the vendor and seemingly there is another interested party also.

Arguably I am jumping the gun here as as I say my offer has not being accepted as of yet. However, if somebody could recommend me a surveyor who does structural surveys I would be most appreciative. Even if I do not go sale agreed on this occasion it would be good to know for my future reference as I am actively looking to buy

The area the house is in is County Limerick. For what its worth its a timber frame 4 bedroom dormer, one of build in the countryside and built circa 2005/ 06.

Also, what is generally the extent of these surveys, are they usually a specific structural survey or do they go into more detail? Finally around how much might one expect to pay for one.

My apologies on all the questions but this is very new to me. I am a first time buyer and am pretty wet behind the ears on many of the aspects surrounding buying a house

Advertisement