Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ipad 1 information?

• 02-10-2013 12:15am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, I have an iPad 1 and I find it does everything just fine for me but recently I had the option of updating the IOS to whatever the new one is I think it was 4.3? Does this sound right? Anyway since updating it looks like that new IOS7 on iPhone which is fine, it runs a little slower but still fine for browsing etc. I heard somewhere that when IOS 8 comes out it will practically be dead is that true? Will I be able to continue using my IPAD?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

First of all you don't have an iPad 1, as iPad 1 can't run iOS 7. The highest iOS version you can put on an iPad 1 is 5.1.1. My guess is that you have an iPad 2. as that's the oldest spec iPad that can run iOS 7.

Secondly, no one knows what devices apple will discontinue and when but it's likely that iOS 8 will discontinue the iPad 2. Note you'll still be able to use the iPad but won't be able to update to iOS 8.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Apple are still selling the iPad 2 so I doubt they will abandon it so soon. Especially considering it offers roughly the same performance as the iPad 3 and Mini, with the 3 being slightly inferior if anything. iOS 7 isn't performing well on the iPad generally at the moment and is in need of serious optimisation which will hopefully come in 7.1.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Apple are still selling the iPad 2 so I doubt they will abandon it so soon. Especially considering it offers roughly the same performance as the iPad 3 and Mini, with the 3 being slightly inferior if anything. iOS 7 isn't performing well on the iPad generally at the moment and is in need of serious optimisation which will hopefully come in 7.1.

Really? Runs like a charm on my iPad 2, which doesn't help me convince myself to upgrade it......;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Spot on lads, it has a front facing camera only available on ipad2 onwards... Strange because Im 100% sure I bought and paid for an iPad 1....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

whiterebel wrote: »
    Really? Runs like a charm on my iPad 2, which doesn't help me convince myself to upgrade it......;)

Performance isn’t bad by any means but it could be a lot better. I’d also like to see them put the blur effects back in. Control Centre looks crap without them.

I will be upgrading the first chance I get just to get away from the nasty pixelated typeface.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Just checked my receipt. "Ipad 1"

It's definitely an ipad2... bought it in duty free in Abu Dhabi for about 200 euros a year ago.

Advertisement