Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gheorghe Hagi - Wonderpass

• 02-10-2013 12:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭

To think this legendary player is 48.Fantastic Stuff.He wasn't called 'The Maradona of the Carpathians' for nothing.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

To think this legendary player is 48.Fantastic Stuff.He wasn't called 'The Maradona of the Carpathians' for nothing.

To get that sort of power is actually amazing from a flick

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

one of my favourite players of all time. glad to see he still has it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Best player I've ever watched live

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,720 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

BMMachine wrote: »
    one of my favourite players of all time. glad to see he still has it :)

is that video from recently ? - since he was 48 ? - must get practicing, ther is still hope ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

thebaz wrote: »
    is that video from recently ? - since he was 48 ? - must get practicing, ther is still hope ;)

Ya,see the date on the video.The match was last Saturday.Did anyone else notice he is even wearing his old adidas boots,probably from 2001 when he retired from the Pro game.:D

One of best attacking midfielders in Europe in the 80's and 90's and Romania's greatest ever player.237 goals in 516 apps.Says it all.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gheorghe_Hagi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Hagi was a God.

he is even wearing his old adidas boots,probably from 2001 when he retired from the Pro game.:D

[/URL]

they look like old astro boots to me - class player , probably doesn't need boots, would be great in an old pair of runners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

Not even wearing shinpads either...unbelievable!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

<snip>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

thebaz wrote: »
    they look like old astro boots to me - class player , probably doesn't need boots, would be great in an old pair of runners.

Copa mundials, original and best. Once I got a pair of these when I was 16 I never wore anything else. But jaysis they weren't/aren't cheap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

He was fantastic for Gala vs Arsenal in the UEFA cup final a good few years back. I think it might have been his last game. Not sure tbh.

Nunu wrote: »
    Copa mundials, original and best. Once I got a pair of these when I was 16 I never wore anything else. But jaysis they weren't/aren't cheap!

maybe thats what I've been missing all along - a pair of Copa's ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Nunu wrote: »

Only problem is they aren't great on wet ground.

I had a pair when I was a teenager, used them on astro and during the summer/if it was dry/frozen (remember playing on frozen pitches, sketchy stuff).

Had to buy a pair of Puma King's for when it was wet and muddy though as I just slipped everywhere in the copa's and the kings were the closest boot comfort wise that had studs.

Advertisement