Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Story - Dogs and Cat Litter - Dire Consequences

• 02-10-2013 5:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

This is a story about how kitty litter almost killed my yellow lab.

Six months ago, April 3rd 2013, our sweet dog, Tango,6, started getting sick.

He began to vomit blood and have bloody bowel movements. After weeks of tests, invasive investigative abdominal surgery and no answers other than him having a severe case of colitis, the vet and pathologist had never seen such a sick dog so suddenly. After thousands of dollars in vet bills, and hundreds of dollars of vet prescribed Gastrointestinal food, I figured it out.

Tango has strange bowel movements with mucous (indicating irritation) after he eats KITTY LITTER! Yes, dogs eat cat poop, and the litter, well...you can only image what that does to ones insides (especially clumping). And as a nurse nothing is more frustrating then not having medical explanations for things. About three months ago, we blocked off the kitty litter so neither of our dogs could get at it.

VOILA! Tango has been having {almost} normal bowel movements and NO vomiting AT ALL! If your pet is inexplicably sick, it could be something seriously wrong, or it could be something so simple as the kitty litter!

Thank you for taking the time to read my letter. Even if this only reaches your eyes, I will feel like I may have made a difference.

Was this post helpful to you? 5 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 5 votes

Advertisement