Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FCA2????

Options
  • 02-10-2013 8:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭

Hi guys. I've got 2 shotguns and a rifle. On my FCA1 for the second shotgun and the rifle I stated that I was keeping the guns at my club in a gun locker and as a result, it was a condition on the acceptance letter I got for the 2 firearms. Now the club are looking for €125 within a few days to renew and I have a 5 gun safe sitting at home, bolted to the wall. I've had the guns in the club locker for the best part of a year now at great inconvenience when I want to clean them properly and that.
    I want to bring my guns home and keep them in the safe. So I downloaded the FCA2 to amend where I would be keeping the guns but there is no section for that on my FCA2.

What should I do?

How should I proceed?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers lads.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Go to your FO, make an appointment, and explain that you have a 5 gun safe that meets the security SI and is BS7558 compliant and you are bringing your firearm home.

S/he may make an appointment for you with the CPO or even call out themselves to check the set up. Explain to your FO that the licenses are conditional on the guns being stored at the range, but you are now compliant and want them home but need advise on how to proceed.

I'm reckoning s/he will let you bring them home however do not just bring them home without talking to him/her as it is a breach of the conditions of your license.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭skinnylizzy

Thanks Cass. I have him a call and he's sending out the CPO. Thanks for the advise.

Advertisement