Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oktoberfest Newry

Options
  • 02-10-2013 8:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭

I see Newry is having an Oktoberfest from Thursday - Sunday. The last bus for Dundalk leaves Newry at 6:30. Train is quite difficult to get in Newry as station is a good few miles from Newry center.

Anyone know of any other buses running between Newry & Dundalk or how much a taxi would be?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

LCD wrote: »
    I see Newry is having an Oktoberfest from Thursday - Sunday. The last bus for Dundalk leaves Newry at 6:30. Train is quite difficult to get in Newry as station is a good few miles from Newry center.

Anyone know of any other buses running between Newry & Dundalk or how much a taxi would be?

Think a taxi from Dundalk to Newry is about €30. Was with Sevens.

Have got one in Newry back to Dundalk a couple of times for €20 but I'd say that depends on the driver.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

If your getting a return taxi, Ring a taxi in Newry to pick you up in Dundalk and take you back after your few beers.

Will be about £25 compared to the €40odd you pay for one of Dundalks taxi companies

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Jake The Fat Ma

I Drive a taxi in town and i will do the return fare for €50.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

Try Sloans in Rostrevor for a price. He's very reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭cargo

Was this any good? Heard the one up in Dublin was packed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭LCD

Yeah it was good. Went during the day & few people around, nice atmosphere. May have gotten messy by the late evening

Advertisement