Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Email - Viewing online vs. downloading to Outlook Inbox

Options
  • 02-10-2013 9:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭

Sometimes I check my Eircom email online via my iPhone.

I've noticed that if I do this - i.e. if I open the email on my phone to read it - it doesn't then download later to my Outlook Inbox.

Or should it?

Thanks.

D.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 offmeheadpal

change settings from pop to imap

• Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭Dinarius

change settings from pop to imap

Thanks for the reply.

You're dealing with a bit of a luddite, so.....here do I change the settings? Online or in Outlook?

Thanks! :rolleyes:

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭Dinarius

Ok.

Worked it out.

But, when I go to settings in Outlook it says, Server Type POP3 and POP3 is greyed out - I don't seem to be able to change it, or can I?

Thanks.

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

Eircom seem only to download unread messages. There does not seem to be anywhere when on web mail to mark them as unread.

If I've viewed one online that I want in my in box I just forward it to another of my email accounts. I haven't tried sending them to the same account I'll try that.

Edit Yes you can just forward them to the same email address and Outlook will download them.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭janeparker

Hi,

This problem seems an Outcome of bad synchronization between Outlook and Smartphone. It is better to fix this setting issue as soon possible to remove your existing problem.

Regards:
    Jane

• Advertisement
Advertisement