Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Apple Refurbished Goods

• 02-10-2013 9:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭

Folks, has anyone ever purchased Apple refurbished goods from their website, and if so, what was the quality like ? And did you have any problems with the goods ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Folks, has anyone ever purchased Apple refurbished goods from their website, and if so, what was the quality like ? And did you have any problems with the goods ?

Bought an iPad 2 a couple of years ago from them. No problems, it looked and has performed as good as new and I've never had an issue with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Bought an iPad 2 a couple of years ago from them. No problems, it looked and has performed as good as new and I've never had an issue with it.

Cheers, thanks Jack, considering investing in this one

http://store.apple.com/ie/product/FD513B/A/refurbished-ipad-with-retina-display-wi-fi-16gb-white-4th-generation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

There's a rumour there'll be an iPad event later this month and they'll bring out new ones, so the market will be flooded with second hand ones soon. Save yourself a few quid and wait a month.

Zcott wrote: »
    There's a rumour there'll be an iPad event later this month and they'll bring out new ones, so the market will be flooded with second hand ones soon. Save yourself a few quid and wait a month.

Cheers, where did you hear about the iPad event ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Cheers, where did you hear about the iPad event ?

http://www.macrumors.com/roundup/ipad/

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

That's the one I'd be buying, OP. Apple replace front and rear casing, believe it or not, and thoroughly check the internals. The iPad may not have been faulty, just an unwanted return to the AppleStore. Everything I've ever bought refurbished has been excellent. You can also return within 14 days if not happy, at Apple's expense.

whiterebel wrote: »
    That's the one I'd be buying, OP. Apple replace front and rear casing, believe it or not, and thoroughly check the internals. The iPad may not have been faulty, just an unwanted return to the AppleStore. Everything I've ever bought refurbished has been excellent. You can also return within 14 days if not happy, at Apple's expense.

Cheers, just undecided as to get that one or hold off and wait to see what the iPad5 is like when released and what the pricing will be like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

I bought a refurbished 3rd Gen iPad in January. Never had a single problem with it. Came in brand new condition, not a mark on it. The USB cable did look somewhat used, but that was it. It even came in a snazzy white bx, rather than the generic brown cardboard ones they used to come in :D I'd still be siding with an Apple Refurbished product rather than a second-hand one, as you know Apple has given it a look over, you get a grace period if you change your mind and it comes with a warranty.

But I would wait until Apple announced their new products this month. Best case scenario - The 4th Gen Refurb iPads get a price-drop.

Dman001 wrote: »
    I bought a refurbished 3rd Gen iPad in January. Never had a single problem with it. Came in brand new condition, not a mark on it. The USB cable did look somewhat used, but that was it. It even came in a snazzy white bx, rather than the generic brown cardboard ones they used to come in :D I'd still be siding with an Apple Refurbished product rather than a second-hand one, as you know Apple has given it a look over, you get a grace period if you change your mind and it comes with a warranty.

But I would wait until Apple announced their new products this month. Best case scenario - The 4th Gen Refurb iPads get a price-drop.

Thanks for the info, I think your right, I'll hold off and see what happens over the next month or so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

I bought an iPad mini refurb a few months back. I couldn't fault Apple. It was virtually brand new and had a full 12 month warranty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Purchased a refurb iPad 2. Was in perfect condition. Returned it to them because I couldn't handle the display & waited for the iPad 3.

Girlfriend bought the latest iMac refurbished and its perfect also. I would always go refurb if I have the choice. It's worth the savings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Zcott wrote: »

Flooded? They'll still be expensive, they don't drop that much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 498 ✭✭Ya-Boy-Ya

Bought a Mac Mini refurbinshed last year... its been turned on ever since and never off... not a thing wrong with it...

delighted with it

A friend was telling me last night that it looks like the iPad 5 won't be out this side of Xmas :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

This post has been deleted.

Yes just after having a read myself and it appears as if it could be just the mini delayed, iPad 5 on schedule if you believe different blogs.

Advertisement