Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insulted by Mod In PM

Options
  • 02-10-2013 9:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭

I got a warning on the Soccer forum for stating my opinion on an incident in a match. Now I know some people wouldn't agree while others did. I wasn't insulting any member or trying to start a fight. I was questioning why players kick out at others without trying to injure them and get sent off, saying Scott Brown should have because he just looks like an idiot doing what he done in front of the ref and getting a straight red card. I never wished injury on Neymar. No members argued this or were offended.

Next thing I get this mod warning:

Moderator Note

Acting the dick, wishing injury on a player

I think it is disgraceful that a mod can call someone a dick. If he had have said "Your post is breaking the rules regarding wishing an injury on a player" I would have gladly replied to clarify the issue and been more careful in the future. Yet this mod feels they have the right to insult me through pm? I'm pretty sure if I called them up on a post they made that I didn't agree with and told them they were "Acting the dick" I would be banned straight away.

This person is GavRedKing.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

"Don't be a dick" is a standard Boards term that is used as a matter of course by mods across the site. It's descriptive of the behaviour of a poster rather than the poster him/herself.

If you do feel any PM is abusive you should report the PM. The Admins will then deal with it as they see fit

This forum is for appealing cards and/or bans - do you wish to appeal the card referred to? If so the first course of action is to discuss it with the mod via PM to see if it can be resolved between the two of you before starting a thread here

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Doff

I'm not trying to appeal it. If what I said was in breach of the rules I will take the warning. What I am not happy with is how the moderator personally insulted me while if it was the other way around they would no doubt use their privileges to ban me.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

This is not the place to discuss the Mod's PM. I have already explained how you go about that by reporting the PM if you genuinely consider it abusive

As you are not contesting the card this dispute can be marked resolved

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Doff

This is the forum the mod linked me to when I said I was not happy with him insulting me so forgive me for posting in the wrong section.

I have used the report PM feature and am waiting on a reply.

Thank you for your time.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

For someone who's been here 3 years, you should be familiar enough with the boards.ie terminology. As pointed out "Don't be a dick" is pretty much one of our cornerstones. Being told you may be acting like one in contravention of that rule would barely register on the scale of offensive.

Closing thread as it's not disputing an actual action.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement