Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shakhtar Donetsk vs Manchester United k/o 19.45 Sky.

• 02-10-2013 10:15am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭

.......................................................FC-Shakhtar-Donetsk.gif VS Hef3OnT.png....................................................

Manchester United
    (from): De Gea, Lindegaard, Amos, Rafael, Jones, Smalling, Vidic, Evra, Buttner, Valencia, Giggs, Carrick, Cleverley, Fellaini, Kagawa, Nani, Young, Van Persie, Welbeck, Rooney, Hernandez.

Shakhtar Donetsk (from): Pyatov, Kanibolotskiy, Volovyk, Kucher, Shevchuk, Kobin, Chygrynskiy, Ismaily, Srna, Kryvtsov, Rakitskiy, Sobol, Hübschman, Stepanenko, Fred, Bernard, Fernando, Douglas Costa, Hrechyshkin, Taison, Teixeira, Ilsinho, Luiz Adriano, Eduardo, Ferreyra, Shynder.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

RTE 2 are showing City vs Bayern I thought?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

RikkFlair wrote: »
    RTE 2 are showing City vs Bayern I thought?

Yep, thats what showed up for me this morning.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

draw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

This game would be worth watching for the tension but Utd should get something out of it with the correct team picked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Fixed channel,it's on Sky.

I'd take a draw at this stage the way we are playing.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

I rarely post in match threads. But popped in to share my delight that Anderson can't play tonight. Long may it continue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

If Young and Giggs start i will cry. I will have tissues ready.

Think we will get somthing through

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

donetsk is usually a tough place to go and get 3points, a draw wouldnt be the end of the world although I can imagine some sections of the media and opposition fans and even some Utd fans will have the knives at the ready if Utd draw or lose and play badly in doing so.

Score draw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Though place to get a result. Utd need a strong team put out. Fellaini and Carrick in the centre definitely, a blessing that Ando is out.

Expect Valencia to start, but would prefer Nani and Kagawa.

Not too confident and would take a draw now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

draw would be a great result for united and maybe a draw in the other game, one of the trickiest away games in the competition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

I'll take a draw. Sound.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭aperture_nuig

Depends on the line up. Valencia + Young + Giggs = Dour match and a loss. Nani + Kag/Jan + Fellaini means we should be pushing for the win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,844 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

Depends on the line up. Valencia + Young + Giggs = Dour match and a loss. Nani + Kag/Jan + Fellaini means we should be pushing for the win.

januzaj is not available doesnt yet count as one of uniteds registration exempt under 21's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭aperture_nuig

januzaj is not available doesnt yet count as one of uniteds registration exempt under 21's

D'oh, Kagawa then hopefully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭dahat

A draw in in way shape or form,Giggs or no Giggs,Valencia or not,draw and feck off home happy.

Just on the lazy "Tough place to get a result" thing that gets trotted out.

In the last 3 years:

Barca (win)
    APOEL (draw)
    Zenit (draw)
    Porto (win)
    Juvenus (win)
    Dortmund (draw)

have all got a result away there.

In fact in that time they only won 2 games in the CL at home, v Nordsjælland and v Chelsea.

Utd should be capable of getting something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Just on the lazy "Tough place to get a result" thing that gets trotted out.

In the last 3 years:

Barca (win)
    APOEL (draw)
    Zenit (draw)
    Porto (win)
    Juvenus (win)
    Dortmund (draw)

have all got a result away there.

In fact in that time they only won 2 games in the CL at home, v Nordsjælland and v Chelsea.

Utd should be capable of getting something.

They have sold some of there best players as well or am I thinking of another team? The Armenian lad went to Dortmund didn't he?

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭KombuchaMshroom

Wouldn't mind seeing Jones playing in defensive mid, and hope Rio doesn't play either. I would be very confident we will get something from the match if that happens.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Wouldn't mind seeing Jones playing in defensive mid, and hope Rio doesn't play either. I would be very confident we will get something from the match if that happens.

Rio is at home in Manchester so you don't have to worry about him playing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Is this only on sky?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Gringo180 wrote: »
    They have sold some of there best players as well or am I thinking of another team? The Armenian lad went to Dortmund didn't he?

Fernandinho also left this summer , Willian left in January .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Intimidating location or not United should go there expecting to win. Not that a win would be easy but c'mon they're fecking Utd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

de Gea, Rafael, Smalling, Vidic, Evra, Valencia, Carrick, Cleverley, Fellaini, Welbeck & van Persie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,654 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

kag and chico gone in the summer now, ffs

Is Rooney carrying a knock or is this just Rafa style rotation?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

Headshot wrote: »

Sure look on the bright side, you'll still have Giggs at least.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

No Nani and Kagawa.

OK.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

mike65 wrote: »

He's sick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

I am not even sure if it is that or if he is just trying out different teams

You're playing mainly sideways tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

You're playing mainly sideways tonight.

Just for the record it is called "the crab"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Kagawa will probably be gone by January. Loads of clubs would love that type of attacking midfielder. Unless the guy has completely lost his form or motivation I cannot understand his constant omission. :confused: If anything all that will serve to do is make him lose form and confidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭IrishIrish

Yup, there's no way anything is going to change over the next 8 months and 50+ games. The day they were on the bench away to Shaktar will forever be remembered as the day they decided to leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,195 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Looks like a very unbalanced and unimaginative team for tonight. RVP could be a forlon figure up front.

Set up not to lose rather than go out and win it.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

Not sure whether Donetsk are as strong as last year, don't really know who they brought in to replace Fernandinho, Mkhitaryan etc. The travel, atmosphere and our general bad form will probably be the biggest obstacles to getting a result tonight.

I'm going to be optimistic and go for a 2-1 win for United. Wouldn't be shocked if we didn't get a result though.

Only 5 Brazilians starting!

30 A. Pyatov
    33 D. Srna
    5 O. Kucher
    13 V. Shevchuk
    44 Y. Rakitskiy
    3 T. Hübschman
    29 Alex Teixeira
    20 Douglas Costa
    17 Fernando
    9 Luiz Adriano
    28 Taison

6 T. Stepanenko
    10 Bernard
    11 Eduardo Da Silva
    32 A. Kanibolotskiy
    38 S. Krivtsov
    19 F. Ferreyra
    77 Ilsinho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

What?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Kags has started the last two games btw same for nani and chico

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Everytime i see a team line up i die a little inside this season. Hopefully RVP brings a book to read for 90 minutes because he will be starved of service.

• Advertisement

Jernal wrote: »
    Kagawa will probably be gone by January. Loads of clubs would love that type of attacking midfielder. Unless the guy has completely lost his form or motivation I cannot understand his constant omission. :confused: If anything all that will serve to do is make him lose form and confidence.

The problem lies in not having any left sided players in the team and trying to shoe-horn players in there. Rooney and now Kags have struggled for form when asked to play here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

People playing up to the tough place to get a result.

Shaktar have lost a lot of talented players from last season, and while somewhat of a daunting arena, we have played in worse and got results.

I'm expecting a serious rise to the occasion and the team to take three points. And I think the manger should be expecting nothing less.

It's time to put our so called championship wining squad's name to the test.

*Realisticly a draw would be fine, I'd just like the team to go for the three points and get into a winning mentality and form, and quickly

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

de Gea, Rafael, Smalling, Vidic, Evra, Valencia, Carrick, Cleverley, Fellaini, Welbeck & van Persie.

I presume Fellaini will be playing the number 10 role?

Not a whole lot of creativity in there tbh.

Also that formation is fine. We have been getting a little bit smothered as of late in the centre of the park with just 2 in there.

Three should hold it nicely and give Cleverly some room to roam forward and link with RVP, Welbeck naturally drifts in aswell.

While it may look negative, I think it's a formation that can get us the results while not conceding a ****ton of goals. We have been getting a bit blown away in the middle going 4-4-2. So I don't mind seeing this being deployed. If things go well, or arn't going overly well, Kagawa can replace Cleverly for a more offensive man in the midfield trio, while still preserving a relatively solid core.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Carrick, Clevs and Fellaini? What the ****?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Anybody think we are going to see Fellaini playing behind RVP could be worth a punt for first goal.

TheDoc wrote: »
    Also that formation is fine. We have been getting a little bit smothered as of late in the centre of the park with just 2 in there.

Three should hold it nicely and give Cleverly some room to roam forward and link with RVP, Welbeck naturally drifts in aswell.

While it may look negative, I think it's a formation that can get us the results while not conceding a ****ton of goals. We have been getting a bit blown away in the middle going 4-4-2. So I don't mind seeing this being deployed. If things go well, or arn't going overly well, Kagawa can replace Cleverly for a more offensive man in the midfield trio, while still preserving a relatively solid core.

The formation is fine but the players filling the postions doesn't lend for a lot of creativity, which is where we have really struggled this season so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Terrible team, we're going to attack down the wings and Welbeck and Valencia are our wingers. Great

JRant wrote: »
    The formation is fine but the players filling the postions doesn't lend for a lot of creativity, which is where we have really struggled this season so far.

Nani and Kags are on the bench right?

Cleverly has a chance tonight to show his worth, I think he can be relatively clever going forward, so hopefully with Fellaini and Carrick holding ground, he has some license to roam a little bit.

Wellbeck has nice intricate play aswell.

We just need a little luck to rattle the net from open play and then everyone will simmer a bit. Alot of focus on our lack of scoring from open play tbh. I still think there is enough in that starting lineup to win the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

Looking at a 2 goal victory for United.

• Advertisement
Advertisement