Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shakhtar Donetsk vs Manchester United k/o 19.45 Sky.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,578 ✭✭✭✭CSF

BloodBath wrote: »
    Shakhtar making subs to try and go win the game. Moyes totally inactive. He'll be gone by January.
    Not sure he will to be honest. United as a whole seem to be so determined to not be like everyone else who have had a revolving door of managers over the gigantic term that Fergie was in charge, that they're going to let Moyes away with a lot more than he deserves to be let away with. He was the wrong man for the job in the first place, and that makes every decision afterwards a lot more difficult, as you can't go sacking managers in October of their first season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Bernard will score.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Throwing caution to the wind putting on Phil Jones there. :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Signal of intent with that sub.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,195 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Ha, he brings on Jones.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Bloody ****e that was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

strange image there of Wellbeck sitting between Chico and Kagawa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Moyes second ever game in the CL, I think he has done ok tonight, I liked our tactics we were pretty comfortable up to the goal, good result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

such boring football cant string together 3 passes RVP must be so pissed off up front.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

id have taken the draw before the game.

Worrying how crap we are at making chances, its shocking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

I said before the match I'd take a draw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Isn't all bad, Giggs is now the record holder in CL appearances *sarcasm*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

The only positive I can take from tonight is that
    City lost

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 755 ✭✭✭sea_monkey

I can't stand the way Utd are playing. Nothing going forward at all.

What was the fellaini-giggs sub about? trying to secure a 1-0 in Europe is just wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

This is so much like Hodgson at Liverpool, it's uncanny.

Except Moyes has some absolutely genius players wasting away on the bench so the likes of Valencia and Giggs can function on the pitch.

Hodgson took over an above average team. Moyes took over the league champions and is seemingly refusing to play his best players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

A loss to Sunderland at the weekend should see a good campaign to get rid of him. I'm already behind it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

If this is how we are going to continue playing football, then the champions league will be a distant memory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Shaktar are a good team. I'd be looking at the players more then Moyes. Clev, Evra, Valencia and Danny where pretty poor.

Happy enough with that point.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 755 ✭✭✭sea_monkey

RasTa wrote: »
    Shaktar are a good team. I'd be looking at the players more then Moyes. Clev, Evra, Valencia and Danny where pretty poor.

Id be looking at playing kags, nani and hernandez

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

I'll take the point, but the supply to rvp tonight was very bad, one of the best strikers in the world and he's barely seen in the match.

edgecutter wrote: »
    If this is how we are going to continue playing football, then the champions league will be a distant memory.

Speaking of memory, do you remember the match against Leverkusen there not so long ago in the CL?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I've seen paint drying that was more entertaining than that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭Danye

But Moyes is picking the players. Everybody ( Well some people) can see how poor these players are and yet the manager is continuing to pick them all the whole having better options on the bench.

Jesus, why so many excuses for Moyes? Moyes picked the players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

A loss to Sunderland at the weekend should see a good campaign to get rid of him. I'm already behind it.

And who would you have in place of him?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭collie0708

See Bayern beat sociedad in the 92 min.... A draw would have been a great result for us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Decent result. Decent shape and performance first half. Too deep in the second half, not enough possession and gave up the goal.

Sounds like Utd in Europe for the last few seasons.

Hysteria seems the default setting in Utd threads now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

Speaking of memory, do you remember the match against Leverkusen there not so long ago in the CL?

Yes, I do. Do you remember our league form and the crap football we have played, including the lack of creativity tonight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

CSF wrote: »
    Jesus, why so many excuses for Moyes? Moyes picked the players.

Agree. 3 of those players mentioned wouldn't have played tonight if I had my way.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Meh-chester United

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

So you don't believe in giving a manager a chance.

To be fair he needs to get at least 1 to 2 seasons,doing something stupid like sacking our manager after 7 league clubs will only destabilise our club

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

sea_monkey wrote: »
    Id be looking at playing kags, nani and hernandez

I've already mentioned that it would mean those 3 playing 3 games in 7 days, 4 in 10 if you wanted them playing on Saturday.

Selection was fine

AgrEef. 3 of those players mentioned wouldn't have played tonight if I had my way.
    Agreed. I honestly can't believe there hasn't been more strong criticism thrown in Moyes' direction after what has been seen so far. Not talk of the sack or anything, but there just seems to be excuse after excuse rather than facing up to the reality that life after Fergie isn't looking so rosey.

jamesbere wrote: »
    So you don't believe in giving a manager a chance.
    The problem in essence is that he was given a chance in the first place.

collie0708 wrote: »
    To be fair he needs to get at least 1 to 2 seasons,doing something stupid like sacking our manager after 7 league clubs will only destabilise our club
    This is bizarre logic. Not the last sentence but the first. Why does he need at least 1-2 seasons? You need to earn that by doing well. If United are still doing this badly in January, why would you stick by, in hope rather than expectation?

edgecutter wrote: »
    Yes, I do. Do you remember our league form and the crap football we have played, including the lack of creativity tonight?

I believe Rooney being injured greatly scuppered our attacking credentials tonight.
    I don't think we have played good football last season either tbh but grinded out the results, hopefully the results will come again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭ankles

At the start I would have taken a draw. But the lack of decent possession and creativity is again worrying. Agreed that RvP must be doing his nut. No chances for him at all really, and spent most of the night running down blind alleys. I was ok with the inital set-up, but bringing on Giggs :mad: I have always been a Giggs supporter but he was basically an absentee and allowed Shaktar even more space to push on. Giggs should not play again. Bad tactical call (again) by Moyes.

All in all, despite the result still much to worry about

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Agreed. I honestly can't believe there hasn't been more strong criticism thrown in Moyes' direction after what has been seen so far. Not talk of the sack or anything, but there just seems to be excuse after excuse rather than facing up to the reality that life after Fergie isn't looking so rosey.

Not enough criticism? He couldn't be more criticised over the last few weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

Giggs was planned to come on no matter what just for a record. Bad management.

• Advertisement

Not enough criticism? He couldn't be more criticised over the last few weeks.
    From what I've seen most of that criticism has come from people who aren't United fans, and obviously some United fans too. A large section of United fans on here have been way too quick to make excuse after excuse for him. I don't get why. He is in the top job in English football, expectations should be high.

This is bizarre logic. Not the last sentence but the first. Why does he need at least 1-2 seasons? You need to earn that by doing well. If United are still doing this badly in January, why would you stick by, in hope rather than expectation?

Uniteds squad is nowhere near as sting as Chelsea,arsenal or city nevermind the best clubs in Europe. If moyes finishes 4th in the league and gets us out of the group in the cl this will be a good achievement. He will then need to significantly streghthen the squad to improve our results in his second season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Valencia has been disgraceful for 18 months now and he. still. keeps. getting. picked!!!

Who's the bigger fool, the fool or the fool that keeps selecting him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Uniteds squad is nowhere near as sting as Chelsea,arsenal or city nevermind the best clubs in Europe. If moyes finishes 4th in the league and gets us out of the group in the cl this will be a good achievement. He will then need to significantly streghthen the squad to improve our results in his second season.

the squad at united is not the problem, the first X1 is imo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

From what I've seen most of that criticism has come from people who aren't United fans, and obviously some United fans too. A large section of United fans on here have been way too quick to make excuse after excuse for him. I don't get why. He is in the top job in English football, expectations should be high.
    Perhaps you should remember what Ferguson asked from the fans on the final day last season?

Saying he needs time to figure things out is not making an excuse, these things do take time and it will be more difficult if petulant spoiled fans start getting on his back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭Danye

Perhaps you should remember what Ferguson asked from the fans on the final day last season?

Saying he needs time to figure things out is not making an excuse, these things do take time and it will be more difficult if petulant spoiled fans start getting on his back.

What does Moyes need to figure out??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

You need to earn that by doing well.

This is bizarre logic. The type of logic employed by other clubs like Chelsea and City have become laughing stocks the way they get through managers.

Instant and sustained success? Sorry, I'm a football fan with realistic expectations, not a child at Christmas who hasn't got the latest iphone.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

adox wrote: »
    Decent result. Decent shape and performance first half. Too deep in the second half, not enough possession and gave up the goal.

Sounds like Utd in Europe for the last few seasons.

Hysteria seems the default setting in Utd threads now.

It's ridiculous. Shaktar showed tonight that they are carrying on with what they've been about for years. The type of possession dominating team that United have always struggled against over the last ten years. We get an acceptable result, put together some decent spells of possession, look to have a good defensive shape and yet people are still talking about sacking Moyes. It's total bullshít.

I'm not saying everything is rosy. Moyes brought on Giggs, which was a poor decision; the team still looks disjointed in the final third and there is still no obvious combination of CMs at the club that will work behind Rooney and RvP. But for tonight things were not that bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭greeno

They let me down for 480 quid for a 20 bet MUnich, PSG and CSKA all came in for me. No Chico is a disgrace. Enough to make me join the Moyes out campaign!

• Advertisement

If moyes finishes 4th in the league and gets us out of the group in the cl this will be a good achievement.
    This is easily the most ridiculous statement I've ever read. This team won the Premiership at a canter last season and would have been in the business end of the Champions League if not for a really dodgy decision.

So Moyes is getting a freepass from some United fans despite shocking results and football because Ferguson told them to? That makes **** all sense. Fergie's judgement of a manager has never been so strong if you look back at some of his previous recommendations. He seems to look for managers with similar qualities to himself, but none of those managers have his best qualities.

Advertisement