Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lady Garden Wax.....what to do?

• 02-10-2013 10:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭

Hi ladies. A potentially sensitive topic (sensitive as in OUCH!) here.

I have a Hollywood wax done on my ladybits every 6 weeks or so and have been doing this for years. I'm not a particularly hairy person and I don't find the pain too much to bear. However, it has now been almost 8 weeks because I had to cancel two appointments due to unexpected commitments. As such, my undercarriage has more regrowth than normal and I honestly can't face the pain and torture of getting it done when there is more regrowth than normal. I did this once and once only before and while I have a high pain threshold the pain was absolutely excruciating, and my very experienced beautician who is an absolute star actually drew blood. I honestly can't face it.

SOOOO, the question is, what can I do as an interim measure? Do I just shave it all off and when there is some regrowth go for a wax again eventhough this will be more painful because it will mean sporadic regrowth? Or do I buy a clippers and do a Number One on my ladybits and book a wax for next week?

I know the advice might be to (wo)man up and face it this evening but I just can't. I really can't. What to do? Anyone been in this situation and what worked best for you? Any advice most welcome! x

PS - lol, just remembered what my username is, maybe I should just buy one and be done with it? :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Just trim it!! Not too short that the wax won't take it off, but short enough that it won't be getting caught up in the wax and pulled in the wrong direction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Thanks for advice hon. Would shaving it be a really bad idea?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

Merkin wrote: »
    Thanks for advice hon. Would shaving it be a really bad idea?

Yep it would.

Trim it and you'll be fine. If I'm particularly tired or having one of those days when I'm due my Hollywood I take two Neurofen before hand.
    Its bold I know to take medicines unnecessarily but once in a while I don't think that its too bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

Trim trim trim, DO NOT shave. It will be worse if you shave.

I always have to trim mine down a bit so its not as sore, just don't trim it too much as you need some length for the wax to grab the hair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

When you're waxing for so long you'll probably have gotten the hairs into synch. Shaving will knock that about, and I find with shaving it causes way more ingrown hairs than waxing. So, don't do that! :)

Honestly when the hair is short enough that the wax doesn't mat the hair and pull in the wrong direction, you will be just fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Thanks so much all for the feedback, I was dead set on shaving it but will now trim it this evening instead and book in for my usual Hollywood on Saturday. Cheers for the advice, appreciate it x

Advertisement