Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tennis Partner - Cork City

Options
  • 02-10-2013 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi, I'm a Cork city guy in my 30's and am hoping to get back playing tennis. am fairly rusty but keen to get back on the court.

I have access to facilities in Bishopstown area.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 MichaelCork

Hi,

I used to play regularly (socially only) but have moved to the city recently and havent played in a while. Would be interest in finding a regular playing partner who likes tennis but not madly competitive. I live near the Glen resource centre where they have courts (not sure what quality). Anyway if you're still interested let me know.

Cheers,
    Michael

• Registered Users Posts: 18 cork kayaker

Hi,

I'm not looking for anything particularly competitive, just a bit of a regularly hit with a few people that can play a bit. Perhaps the odd game of doubles too.

Will send you a PM

• Registered Users Posts: 35 edei

Hi I would like to play tennis as well!

Not sure if you are still looking for somebody!

I have occasionally played, but just to have fun (so im not very good)

Hey, thanks for the message.

I am always looking for new people to play against, but they do have to be at a reasonable level. Its just a bit pointless when the standard gap is too big

ok, fair enough! thanks anyway!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭irishguy1983

Any of you folks still looking for tennis partner in Cork???!

Let me know if you are - well up for a game and possibly regular playing partner if we were similar level.

I just sold my raquet since I couldn't find anyone! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭irishguy1983

edei wrote: »
    I just sold my raquet since I couldn't find anyone! :(

Well feck it anyway :) Buy it back?! Get a loan?!

Going to try set up a meet up tennis group on that meetup group website thingy :) See what level of interest is out there - I know there were a few in Dublin anyway and they are going on constantly :)

Im actually tented if it wasn't because I will be moving from cork in the next month, I would go and get a raquet again!

The meetup thing sounds great! I wish you the best luck with it! I might copy your idea in my new destination ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Ardor

I don't know if any of you still looking for tennis partner so if you do I'm free to play whenever you want.

• Advertisement

yeah sure, I've just joined Bishopstown tennis club. I will send you a pm Ardor. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 29 operagust

Hey,

I am in Cork since July and I would like to play tennis ( I am level 2 maybe).

Can you recommend a tennis court? How much normally you have to pay per hour?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

Zombie thread. Better to start a new one.

/closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement