Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with city transport!!

Options
  • 02-10-2013 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hello all, I am moving to Cork this month but I am a little befuddled by city transport. (As always, with Bus Eireann's Journey Planner it seems you have to know EXACTLY what stop you want to get off at etc.) So...I am arriving in the city for a day tomorrow and I have to get out to Blackrock. Is there a bus that goes from Parnell Place? Also, does anyone know if the stop in Blackrock has a particular name? I have to get to Mercier Press once I get off in Blackrock, but with Bus Eireann being unforthcoming with information, Google Maps isn't much use. If anyone could point me in the right direction I'd be very grateful...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

I used to work for Mercier Press and got the bus to work everyday. Get the 202 Mahon bus from Parnell Place. When you see the Super Valu on Skehard Road hit the button for the bus to stop. If you look at Google Maps you will see Blackrock Post Office (the Super Valu is also there). If you hit the button at Super Valu you'll be getting off just outside Clontarf estate (on Google maps). When you get off the bus, cross the road and walk down to the credit union (it has a big green roof, you can't miss it). Go right at the traffic lights/credit union and you're on to Bessboro road. You walk past some houses first but once you get past them you'll see offices. Mercier is in at the back and will be on your right hand side as you're walking down.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Been a while since I used it but the 202 may be your best bet. It goes from Parnell Place, with the closest stop looking to be the corner of Skehard Rd and Clontarf Estate. Then a 10/15 minute walk via Clover Lawn. 210 or 219 may be of use too - I'm not sure about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Smudge_pot

Thanks so much guys! This has been more helpful than I can say.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

WTF happened to http://www.corkpublictransport.com/ !!!!

That used to be a great site for bus routes in Cork. Now it's covered in Japanese text!?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭rovoagho

Looks like a hacked copy of WordPress someone neglected to keep up to date.

• Advertisement
Advertisement