Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

nauseous after workout session.

• 02-10-2013 1:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭

Hey, so just a quick question. Recently I started a fitness program with a small gym.

I haven't done anything regarding weights before or something this physical before. After I finished my session I felt nauseous and eventually got sick.

I was well hydrated, ate a good meal around 2 hours before. Also a pre shake a hour and half before.

I was just wondering if this would be because my body is just unfit and not use to the stress?

Session comprised of light jog, full arm work out, shoulders and cycle.

I felt fine a hour or so after minus muscle pains.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,657 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Was it a very intense workout?

It may be just that you ate a little bit too close to the workout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Heart Break Kid

Was it a very intense workout?

It may be just that you ate a little bit too close to the workout.

Well I'd considered intense yeah.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

I've had a lot of guys get sick after their initial exposure. If it's something way outsider your comfort zone, it's not too unusual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,657 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

It might not be because of anything. It just happens sometimes.

But sometimes it can be because of your blood being drawn to the muscles during intense exercise and away from the stomach where it might be needed to digest your food. But that's really more likely if you've eaten more recently than 2 hours.

I wouldn't read too much into it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

Pretty standard, if you can maintain that intensity, you're on to a winner.

• Advertisement
Advertisement