Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mechanic near Douglas

Options
  • 02-10-2013 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Well, I failed the NCT. A "Support bar" Under the car in the rear that runs from one side to another, just forward & parallel of the back wheels, has corroded.
    Any suggestions for a mechanic preferably near Douglas that would sort out that sort of thing?
    Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

I wouldn't go to Douglas Autos anyway (he is next to that cafe called The Pigs Back).

• Registered Users Posts: 35 strokle

Kilmoney motors in carrigaline is a top class garage. Steve bradfield is the guy that owns it! Never charges more than a job should be and is very thorough! Might be busy but worth the phone call! His number is 4377018

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

Mark Murphy, St. Patricks Woolen Mills, reasonable and professional.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Missyelliot2

Ballinlough Motors - I went there, also failed NCT.

Gave Liam the NCT report and he kept me updated on what he found ......the labour costs were big, but I was pre-warned.

Busy place, but am happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Missyelliot2

kcb wrote: »
    I wouldn't go to Douglas Autos anyway (he is next to that cafe called The Pigs Back).

Why? Just interested, as was also charged a lot for little.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Jogathon

strokle wrote: »
    Kilmoney motors in carrigaline is a top class garage. Steve bradfield is the guy that owns it! Never charges more than a job should be and is very thorough! Might be busy but worth the phone call! His number is 4377018

He's my mechanic, and neighbour! Lovely guy, honest and fair with his pricing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

aujopimur wrote: »

Always found Mark sound. Its great to know a garage that you know is not going to rip you off, this crowd is one is one of those.
    I used Ballinlough too and found them grand too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

aujopimur wrote: »

I agree, any time I've gone to Mark I found him to be professional and very thorough. He's not the cheapest but you get what you pay for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Grim_Wreeper

Thanks for all the replies!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

murphym7 wrote: »
    Always found Mark sound. Its great to know a garage that you know is not going to rip you off, this crowd is one is one of those.
    I used Ballinlough too and found them grand too.

Found Mark to be extremely expensive actually, Tim Cronin on 98 St off Bandon Rd would be a much less expensive option.

Advertisement