Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Run in the Dark - Kilkenny pop up event

Options
  • 02-10-2013 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭

I'm helping to organise a pop up event for Run in the Dark in Kilkenny on Wednesday, 13th November at 7.30pm. It's a great cause and runs are mighty craic so I've been led to believe. :D

A bit of blurb about it.

Run in the Dark is staged at 7.30pm local time over 24 hours in mid-November. There are official events in Dublin, Cork, Belfast, London and Manchester with local city champions organising pop up events in cities including Sydney, New York, Washington DC, Frankfurt, Edinburgh and Boston (AND KILKENNY!)

Blind adventure athlete http://www.markpollocktrust.org/ is trying to find a cure for spinal cord injury using robotic exoskeletons combined with medical research. Your Run in the Dark entry fee will go towards fueling this ambition. You can fundraise for a charity close to your heart, or just run for fun!

As the blurb says, you can run for fun, fundraise for a charity of your choice or for the Mark Pollack Trust.

If you are interested in registering go to the main Run in the Dark page, click on the sign up tab, select Pop Up and enter Kilkenny as your location.

If you're not interested please pass the info along to anyone that you know that may be interested.

Thanks. :)

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Maybe I'm blind, but is there any info about price for this event?

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Rega

€27 I think.

Any idea of the route OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

Cabaal, f you look on the FAQs page of Run in the Dark you'll find a lot of the general information but it's more geared towards the 5 large organised runs. Rega is right, the entry fee is €27.00. Late entry fee from 31st October is €31. I believe they'd prefer people to register for it before the 31st so as to be able to gauge numbers and get the tee shirts and glow armbands out to the various runs in plenty of time.

Rega, it'll be a 5km route beginning and ending at the Parade by the Castle most likely. The route should be decided by the end of this coming week.

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Rega

Thanks to everyone who organised this. It was a very enjoyable experience.
    Got a pb for my efforts as well so happy days!

Advertisement