Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Higher LC English syllabus

• 02-10-2013 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭

my son did the JC so is now currently in 5th, but..he only got a grade D in H/L English,which lead the school to drop him into the O/L class(and rightly so!) he really wants to do HL as most of the college courses he is looking at require H/L. Where could we get the H/L syllabus so he can do the extra work at home? His teacher seems to be putting off giving it to him, she probably thinks he won't do the extra work, but I would like to give him the chance. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

my son did the JC so is now currently in 5th, but..he only got a grade D in H/L English,which lead the school to drop him into the O/L class(and rightly so!) he really wants to do HL as most of the college courses he is looking at require H/L. Where could we get the H/L syllabus so he can do the extra work at home? His teacher seems to be putting off giving it to him, she probably thinks he won't do the extra work, but I would like to give him the chance. Thanks in advance.

English is a very difficult subject to do on your own, in my opinion.I suggest you make an appointment with either the teacher involved or the principal ,bring your son and explain that for the courses he is looking at, higher is needed so he would like to give it a go.Also explain to her that he is willing to do the extra work that she gives.I am sure you could come to an agreement that if he does not start to improve after a certain amount of time ,he will then drop.

If not, here is the prescribed material
    http://www.education.ie/en/Schools-Colleges/Information/Curriculum-and-Syllabus/Senior-Cycle-/Syllabuses-and-Guidelines/English-Prescribed-Material-for-English-in-the-Leaving-Certificate-Examination-in-2015-Circular-0011-2013-.pdf
    If he is doing it on his own ,i'd suggest you get the keynotes book its very handy, best of luck :)

Advertisement