Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Solar PV FIT

• 02-10-2013 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭

Hi,
    Does anyone here with a grid connected solar pv system have any experience of receiving the FIT payment from their electricity supplier? Just wondering if there is any historical data on how much people are getting back and if the utilities are honouring their payments?

Thanks!

S.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭fclauson

Electric Ireland are the only people who pay - and I am looking forward to a could of hundred euro in November
    https://www.electricireland.ie/ei/residential/price-plans/micro-generation-scheme.jsp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭freddyuk

Yes they do pay. They credit you after one year and a billing period so 14 months in effect. The amount you get is based on your total export and this should be stored in your meter. They (EL) do not provide the calculations just the amount of credit so if you want to check their figures you need to keep a record of your export from billing date to billing date.
    So the amount you get back will depend on the size of your array and the amount you have not used on site.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭saibhne

Thanks guys, good to hear some actual money being made. fclauson I read your blog on the trans-seasonal payment for a heat pump, where the summer generation from the PV array pays for the electricity used by a heat pump in winter. - Interesting to see how this pans out over this winter - Keep us posted!

S.

saibhne wrote: »
    Thanks guys, good to hear some actual money being made. fclauson I read your blog on the trans-seasonal payment for a heat pump, where the summer generation from the PV array pays for the electricity used by a heat pump in winter. - Interesting to see how this pans out over this winter - Keep us posted!

S.

10 months in (started in Nov)
    3800Kw produced
    HP has used 1680 hrs @ 2.somthing Kwh so that around 3500 kwh so in theory I am in credit if only the ESB let my purchase my Kwh a the same price I sell them

in any event building will run at close to zero costs for heating/hot water

just looked for today

8Kwhr used by HP - and 12Kw produced by PV

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

fclauson wrote: »
    just looked for today

8Kwhr used by HP - and 12Kw produced by PV

Francis, how large is your PV array?

gman2k wrote: »
    Francis, how large is your PV array?

16 @250pw = 3600 pw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭MicktheMan

16 @250pw = 3600 pw

After 10 months, do you have any insight on how the system is performing versus expectations (model)?

we are using more energy for h/w than planned but there have been some challenges here
    1) - the other three are not the same sex as me !!
    2) distribution loss - out kitchen is about 25M from the tank and the re-circ pump needs to be better controlled/timed to optimise wastage

other than that we are ahead on the PHPP model - then again the second half on the summer really made up for the cold spring

Heating has not been on since may and I am hoping will hardly be on until mid oct - so that's better than planned

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭MicktheMan

Sorry, I meant the pv array.

• Advertisement

About on plan - array is planed to produce 4200Kwh by Nov and it has produced 3890 todate from last nov

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭quentingargan

10 months in (started in Nov)
    3800Kw produced

That's an impressive yield. If you have a 4kw system, the simulations would have suggested 3600 KwHrs / Yr., so you're running ahead of projections. Good summer though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭hexosan

16 @250pw = 3600 pw

Can I ask ballpark how much a system that size costs.

not to be unhelpful please go and get you own system priced - - I purchased a year ago and I know prices have moved since then

Advertisement