Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

google ranking

Options
  • 02-10-2013 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭

i was looking at my ranking on google.ie. coming up pretty good the last few days, right up in the top few on page 1.

then i checked google.co.uk and google.de. it was a different story. my page was right down at the end of page 1 and even on page 2. how does this happen? and how do i change it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭RedFly

Hi Chucky,
    First of all, I hate to burst your bubble, but it's VERY likely that you're viewing your site rise in the rankings based on personalized search.
    Try logging out of your account and search again. You may be surprised.

Secondly, If your site is a .ie domain, it's automatically targeted by Google to users in Ireland (using the google.ie search engine). You're not going to rank as high in any other regional google search engine.

Finally, we developed a browser extension for checking what your rankings are like in other countries as well as how it appears depersonalized in your own country. Naturally, Ireland is included in the default list. You can find it here: http://www.redflymarketing.com/internet-marketing-tools/google-global/

All the extension does is append special parameters onto a google search URL to display different results. How it works is outlined on the page. As you can see on the download page of the browser you're using, it's pretty popular. It allows you to add your own custom searches too. Have a play around with it, I think you'll be surprised.

If you want your site to rank in other regions, a .ie domain is going to be a HUGE hindrance to you but there are ways around it. Let me know the details (your domain, if it's multilingual etc.) and I'll be able to offer more advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 kenn1thlotts

i was looking at my ranking on google.ie. coming up pretty good the last few days, right up in the top few on page 1.

then i checked google.co.uk and google.de. it was a different story. my page was right down at the end of page 1 and even on page 2. how does this happen? and how do i change it?

This is nothing but a part of Google Dance so don't worry fo rthat.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 28 rendy78f9b194

you must continue to write good articles that at least 5 articles / day and always SEO optimization in each article, now many software that makes istan to position google, it's bad. try writing a natural and pick the good keywords.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭webmanie

Hi Guys I dont know if its me or Google, I have had seo done on my site http://www.abbeyvideoproductions.com/ I could blog until the cows comes home, and it makes no difference, i use the seo plug in think im doing it right but I might as well blog in the dark any ideas guys

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

you must continue to write good articles that at least 5 articles / day and always SEO optimization in each article, now many software that makes istan to position google, it's bad. try writing a natural and pick the good keywords.

How is babby formed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

webmanie wrote: »
    Hi Guys I dont know if its me or Google, I have had seo done on my site http://www.abbeyvideoproductions.com/ I could blog until the cows comes home, and it makes no difference, i use the seo plug in think im doing it right but I might as well blog in the dark any ideas guys

I'm not sure if it's making no difference - you come up first for a search of "Wedding Video Upperchurch Tipperary" which is exactly what you blogged about - that would be considered a result. It may be relatively long tail but long tail brings in traffic too.

For some reason your site headings use a h3 (there's no h1 at all) that's something you could look at, it probably won't make that big a difference, but it is worth fixing.

Also, you could add an excerpt of your latest blog posting, with a link to the blog, to your homepage, and use good anchor text in your link.

You also use a lot of images with text on them, Google can't read that, consider using more accessible, up-to-date, methods of doing this.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭webmanie

Thank you cormee

Yea I can see what your on about ok with the h1 ok will fix

excerpt of your latest blog posting, with a link to the blog thats why i need that bit of advice I knda struggle with it but its not to bad i guess

thanks for your help

Advertisement