Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Donegal GAA Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

Four Masters relegated. They're in for a tough few years I feel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭overshoot

been on the cards for a few years really. The team that won the county championship 12 years ago has gradually been retiring and they arent being replaced with the same caliber of player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Four Masters relegated. They're in for a tough few years I feel.

Was this League or Championship?

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Murphy14

Redsoxfan wrote: »

Relegated to division 2 of the league..,were they could struggle with a young inexperienced squad division 2 is a real dog fight every year very little separates promoted teams and those relegated Bundoran have a few useful players with county potential

overshoot wrote: »
    been on the cards for a few years really. The team that won the county championship 12 years ago has gradually been retiring and they arent being replaced with the same caliber of player

Going the way of Glen and Ballyshannon. Some outstanding players who have grown old and not replaced.

I'd like to know what there numbers are myself. Always seems a good crowd about the town but possibly tourists more than anything.

League.
    Murphy14 wrote: »
    Relegated to division 2 of the league..,were they could struggle with a young inexperienced squad division 2 is a real dog fight every year very little separates promoted teams and those relegated Bundoran have a few useful players with county potential

I think so too. I'm fearful for them.

Disagree about Bundoran. Nothing there of interest bar possibly young Brennan pending how he fares with the U-21's. McGowan was on the panel previously I think?

They're an odd one, it's a collection of pretty average players in a lot of positions but they've an excellent set up and team work ethic. Had a great year for such a small club.

• Advertisement

U-21 panel has been picked. No full list anywhere as yet.

Big hopes for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,963 ✭✭✭doc_17

Anyone hear about a panel for Sunday? could be a surprise!!!

doc_17 wrote:

No, but do go on...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,963 ✭✭✭doc_17

Ah I I'll say nothing because sometimes we're our own worst enemies up here for spreading stories!

doc_17 wrote: »

Thought the panel was announced? Extended break for the older boys etc.

Cant recall off the top of my head but the omissions I thought were surprising was Conor Parke and Declan Walsh. Disappointing Walsh cant commit. Think Parke may be away or something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭ghostfacekilla

doc_17 wrote: »

Cassidy togging out again, is he?

Rory Kavanagh ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭Mackas_view

Nothing too interesting but hope the younger players take their chance and the keeper settles in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭Mackas_view

Nothing too interesting but hope the younger players take their chance and the keeper settles in.

Well the younger players make it interesting for me. Looking forward to seeing them playing in what will probably be the only mc kenna cup game I'll get to.

In fairness, McLoone at full forward and MacNiallais at corner forward is something I'd like to see.

Good team, please god now the young lads acquit themselves well.

Really glad to see Eoghan Ban and Jack O Brien start. Likewise for Stephen McBrearty. They're three players I really hope have big futures.

Tell you what too- we need to find a midfielder, and quick. Hugh McFadden is not it unless something drastic has happened over the winter! Good chance for Ciaran Thompson now to show something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Triboro

Few names there I've not heard of before,o'brien,ward and mc ginley, so best of luck to them.....what clubs are they out of?

Triboro wrote: »
    Few names there I've not heard of before,o'brien,ward and mc ginley, so best of luck to them.....what clubs are they out of?

O'Brien is Naomh Mhuire, he has played minor and U-21's and one to keep an eye on. Bit small but an proper man marking corner back, like Karl was once upon a time.

Caolan Ward is St Eunans and has played for the 21's. McGinley is St Michaels.

I though O'Brien was outstanding against Tyrone in the 2013 minor Championship. Have not seen him play since but he has been involved with the U21s.

No sign of Tony McCleneghan in the team, hopefully he sticks around (maybe he is on the bench).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Triboro

O'Brien is Naomh Mhuire, he has played minor and U-21's and one to keep an eye on. Bit small but an proper man marking corner back, like Karl was once upon a time.

Caolan Ward is St Eunans and has played for the 21's. McGinley is St Michaels.

Thanks, lookin forward to see how they go!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,496 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Any updates on how players got on in the match? Think it finished 1-11 to 0-11 to Donegal

Ciaran Thompson scored 3 points and got MOTM. Great stuff.

Wasnt there today but the ould fella said it was a good run for them, that seems to be the common view.

I though O'Brien was outstanding against Tyrone in the 2013 minor Championship. Have not seen him play since but he has been involved with the U21s.

No sign of Tony McCleneghan in the team, hopefully he sticks around (maybe he is on the bench).

Think McClenaghan might have been sick. Didn't play for the 21's but was on the bench today.

For a guy who didnt play ball untill he was 14 he seems a thorough bred. Fine footballer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 210 ✭✭iron man

Sad news tonight. The passing of donal monaghan. A legend. Rip

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Not that one

I presume the sponsorship deal with Donegal Creameries ended when the team appeared without a jersey sponsor on Sunday?

Any word if a new sponsor (or new deal with Donegal Creameries) will be ready to appear for National League.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭henke

I presume the sponsorship deal with Donegal Creameries ended when the team appeared without a jersey sponsor on Sunday?

Any word if a new sponsor (or new deal with Donegal Creameries) will be ready to appear for National League.
    Rumoured new jersey and sponsor on the way:
    http://www.donegalsporthub.com/12336-2/

KN are the new Donegal sponsors

This sounds very "local shop for local people" ala the League of Gentlemen, but I like having Donegal businesses as a sponsor.

Highest bidder and all the rest which I understand. Part of me would rather Macs Mace or something!

Edit* and I say this not knowing the first thing about KN! :o:)

• Advertisement

This sounds very "local shop for local people" ala the League of Gentlemen, but I like having Donegal businesses as a sponsor.

Highest bidder and all the rest which I understand. Part of me would rather Macs Mace or something!

Edit* and I say this not knowing the first thing about KN! :o:)

KN are a good fit a very successful Donegal owned company with a national & international dimension believe they also sponsors of rallying while MCR also on board has sponsors Donegal owned based in Dublin

Advertisement