Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Donegal GAA Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

Murphy14 wrote: »
    KN are a good fit a very successful Donegal owned company with a national & international dimension believe they also sponsors of rallying while MCR also on board has sponsors Donegal owned based in Dublin

But do they do a chicken curry for €6?

#macsmace2017

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭jimbo32123

KN is a a Donegal owned company mainly based in the UK who are a very well established company in groundwork who has a base in Dublin but most of their work in is the UK.

MCR are a DOnegal Company based in Dublin which supply labour and professionals to trade and costruction sector.

Both lads are heavily involved in GAA for a long number of year and i personally am delighted to see Donegal men sponsoring our County side. These are two well known, well renowned and respected companies. Great to see the pride they have in their home county.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Triboro

Hmmmm is right,was there previous?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭henke

The sun is reporting that he has been axed from the panel. I don't believe he will be seen in a Donegal jersey this summer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭ghostfacekilla

Is there any end to the drama with this lad?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭overshoot

henke wrote: »
    The sun is reporting that he has been axed from the panel. I don't believe he will be seen in a Donegal jersey this summer.
    tbh (without reading it) i think thats just a more blunt way of putting the sporthub story. he is out unless he gets his act together.
    the lad has talent and a great football brain, just doesnt have the attitude to make him a top player. if he wants to keep using his 'do you know who i am?' chat up line he might want to remember one hit wonders end up forgotten.

overshoot wrote: »
    tbh (without reading it) i think thats just a more blunt way of putting the sporthub story. he is out unless he gets his act together.
    the lad has talent and a great football brain, just doesnt have the attitude to make him a top player. if he wants to keep using his 'do you know who i am?' chat up line he might want to remember one hit wonders end up forgotten.

I agree on everything there, overshoot, the meeja know no more than what Gallagher has said. For whatever reason, MMH is doing his own work away from the panel. Same might be said for a few other boys.

That being said, there's no smoke without fire and McHugh did not particularly enamour himself to his teammates last season. His overal performances since 2012 speak for themselves too and it's well known about his 'attitude'.

'Interesting' to see how this one plays out. Martín Beag has a very close relationship with Rory.

overshoot wrote:
    tbh (without reading it) i think thats just a more blunt way of putting the sporthub story. he is out unless he gets his act together. the lad has talent and a great football brain, just doesnt have the attitude to make him a top player. if he wants to keep using his 'do you know who i am?' chat up line he might want to remember one hit wonders end up forgotten.

Yeah there's nothing much different in the article but from the word on the street he was dropped off the panel.

Comhghairdeas Cill Chartha. U-21 Champions.

They've had a serious group at underage there for about 5 years. High time they made a big push for the senior championship.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,963 ✭✭✭doc_17

Another defeat in O'Donnell Park. Our record and performances there are absolutely horrendous. Play all the McKenna Cup games there that you want but when it comes to important league matches it may soon be time to consider avoiding it.

Lovely surface but our record there speaks for itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭jjdonegal

Anything to the rumours that Rory Kav might be rejoining the panel?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,963 ✭✭✭doc_17

jjdonegal wrote: »
    Anything to the rumours that Rory Kav might be rejoining the panel?

I heard he was in the gym on a program and a comeback is on the cards if he feels up to it. Would be a useful option but more importantly a good influence on the younger players like Hugh McFadden

Anyone go today?

How did the positional changes work out? Did Odhran play in the middle?

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Murphy14

Anyone go today?

How did the positional changes work out? Did Odhran play in the middle?

Odhran operated mainly in forward line and played well top scorer,Ciaran Thompson had a quiet outing in comparison to the previous Sunday, Stephen Mc Menamin had a steady debut, while many of the new guys need to be making a bigger impression to force their way into the starting 15 when the league starts, Caolan Ward & Eoghain Ban the most consistent so far imo

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭jimbo32123

i was up and i thought the lads played well, i dont know about this high pressing game though once its bypassed they were badly opened up!!

On the younger fellas, Caolan Ward was very good and has serious pace, Stephen McMenamin played well looked very assured and a good year of S&C will see him push very hard for a starting jersey in 2017.. Eoghan Ban Gallagher started well and looked composed, will definitely progress into an outstanding player...

Stephen McBrearty when introduced at HT was exceptional he has that look that he stopped all the time as he glides effortless over the grass, in my opinion stephen could start this summer, he links defence and attack very well while taking the right option nearly every time. On a hard firm surface come june july we will see this lad excel

Odhran MacNaillis today looked very well and classy which we all know he is, he will develop again this yeatr and is the rumors are true of Rory Kav returning this will release Odhran and Murph closer to goal, both excellent score takers.

2016 is shaping up nicely.

Rory Kav out of retirement and back with the panel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Rory Kav out of retirement and back with the panel.

Aye.

Good luck to him. I have the book here, still haven't opened it.

Hard to see anyone new breaking through this year given everyone is back.

Mixed views here. Not sure some of the more experienced lads have much left in the tank. Would like to see younger lads given the chance to develop - it will take a few years for them to establish themselves.

But, I don't begrudge anyone who played a part from 2011-2014 getting another shot. They have earned it and by all accounts, Rory is still as good as anyone else out there.

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    Aye.

Good luck to him. I have the book here, still haven't opened it.

Hard to see anyone new breaking through this year given everyone is back.

Mixed views here. Not sure some of the more experienced lads have much left in the tank. Would like to see younger lads given the chance to develop - it will take a few years for them to establish themselves.

But, I don't begrudge anyone who played a part from 2011-2014 getting another shot. They have earned it and by all accounts, Rory is still as good as anyone else out there.

Pretty much echo those thoughts RSF.

I'm not a fan of people coming back once they've 'retired' but look if he can contribute (on the pitch or even just around the place) then so be it.

Fermanagh get on my tits.

• Advertisement

Fermanagh get on my tits.

Aye.

#roryout

Anyone catch Nationwide last night? About the GAA, had a segment with the GAA's media rights manager, sounded like he was from Donegal.

Noel Quinn I think his name was. Sounded like a buck from the wrong side of the gap anyway.:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 889 ✭✭✭opiniated

Anyone catch Nationwide last night? About the GAA, had a segment with the GAA's media rights manager, sounded like he was from Donegal.

Noel Quinn I think his name was. Sounded like a buck from the wrong side of the gap anyway.:P

Hah! Which side is the wrong side, though?:P:D

opiniated wrote: »
    Hah! Which side is the wrong side, though?:P:D

Ha ha!

Once you go north of Biddy's, you've gone too far.

Ha ha!

Once you go north of Biddy's, you've gone too far.

Funny, I'd have phrased it the other way round!:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Not that one

What do people make of the new jersey. I don't think I can post images.

I didn't particularly like it on first glance but think it looks alright once i got used to it.
    I'd say the KN logo might look a lot better of training tops/ casual wear where the colour clash mightn't be as stark.
    Good to see sponsorship sorted anyway.

I don't like it, tbh.

I can't see the girls in the house buying it, either.

I think the design is nice enough but ruined by big blue sponsors on both the front and the back which don't suit the Donegal colours. Pity they don't make these sponsors smaller and match the colour so it suits the jersey but its happening plenty of counties now and suppose when they are paying they are entitled to promote their brand image as much as possible.

Don't like the jersey.

Anyway, Saturday night. Not quite a must win, but I can't see us getting anything against Dublin or Kerry. Mayo will be competitive even in Ballybofey. We should beat Roscommon in Letterkenny, otherwise we belong in Division Two. Cork in Ballyshannon is winnable, but I wouldn't want to be going to Clones on the last day needing anything. So I think a win on Saturday night sets us up to stay in Division One, but shur we lost in Newry on a Saturday night back in 2012 and that year turned out ok.

But those were much different times.

• Advertisement

Don't like the jersey.

Anyway, Saturday night. Not quite a must win, but I can't see us getting anything against Dublin or Kerry. Mayo will be competitive even in Ballybofey. We should beat Roscommon in Letterkenny, otherwise we belong in Division Two. Cork in Ballyshannon is winnable, but I wouldn't want to be going to Clones on the last day needing anything. So I think a win on Saturday night sets us up to stay in Division One, but shur we lost in Newry on a Saturday night back in 2012 and that year turned out ok.

But those were much different times.

Advertisement