Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Donegal GAA Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Seemingly they were playing friendlies on the Friday and then Club games the next day.

Challenge matches you mean.

Frank's been injured and Karl I think. Haven't heard much since. I could always check the club match reports but I can't be arsed.

Paddy McGrath went off injured in Ardara's last match.

Neil Gallagher was last seen with Shergar.

No sign of Eoin McHugh in the starting team for Kilcar tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭Steve The Barman

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    No sign of Eoin McHugh in the starting team for Kilcar tonight.

he's just coming back from injury, hamstring i think

he's just coming back from injury, hamstring i think

Aye, picked up in Castleblayney as he was having a fine game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Alvin Holler

I'd say they've been doing a lot of heavy training with the seniors for the past month so have been skipping club games. I saw Ciaran Thompson was playing last night so he must be fully fit.

Interesting to see Gweedore going well in the league. They've enough talent to give the championship a go if they get their act together.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

Jim's Tuesday articles are back. Always a treat.

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/jim-mcguinness-rivals-will-need-new-game-plan-to-beat-dublin-1.2641373

Meanwhile somewhere north of the gap, Maxi Curran is devising a kick out strategy for Fermanagh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

For all the game changes it comes back always to the best forward line, that's why Tyrone won't win it. Mayo nearly had it last year but O'Shea was left too isolated too many times. Probably why we won't win it either.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Jim's Tuesday articles are back. Always a treat.

Would break your heart.
    Meanwhile somewhere north of the gap, Maxi Curran is devising a kick out strategy for Fermanagh.

Oh, OK. I guess we'll be fine then.

#roryout

• Registered Users Posts: 15,212 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

K-9 wrote: »
    For all the game changes it comes back always to the best forward line, that's why Tyrone won't win it. Mayo nearly had it last year but O'Shea was left too isolated too many times. Probably why we won't win it either.

I would generally agree on the best forward line theory, but if it applied to Donegal V Dublin Semi 2014 I`m not that sure it would stand up on that one.
    That day we had backs and half backs, at times Dublin had neither :)

I`m not sure O`Shea`s problems were/are just being isolated.
    As a converted mid fielder he doesn`t seem to realise that whereas winning a ball in mid field and being impeded charging out will win a free in, inside the 21 doing the same will be judged as charging, resulting in a free out.

• Advertisement

Fermanagh it is.

Odd shower, webbed feet I hear.

Not a good day in Kentucky. No Neil Gallagher, Paddy McGrath went off injured and Michael Murphy hobbled.

David Walsh played for Naomh Brid and I see Eoin McHugh played for Kilcar.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Interesting to see Gweedore going well in the league. They've enough talent to give the championship a go if they get their act together.

Going very well alright. They're strong up the middle and have possibly the best half back line in the county (Mulligan, Eamonn and Gillespie). A nice mix of young lads with the McGees and Cass lending their experience, I think they should go well this summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

So what exactly is going on with Glenswilly this year?

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    So what exactly is going on with Glenswilly this year?

I blame Rory Gallagher.

I blame Rory Gallagher.

#roryout

So Jigger back in action at the weekend. Pace was his main asset, can he make any impact thus year?

Eoin McHugh and Ciarán Thompson played at the weekend too. Good to see. Potential impact this summer.

Bad news for Rory Carr, shoulder gone again. Was hardly likely to feature anyway.

So Jigger back in action at the weekend. Pace was his main asset, can he make any impact thus year?

I'd say we'll have to have a long summer for Jigger to get back to full fitness and make an impact.

No sign of Michael Boyle yet so probably McGinley will be number one.

Jim in great form today in the Irish Times. Calls Derry out over their shocking performance. Hope Rory reads it too.

Jim in great form today in the Irish Times. Calls Derry out over their shocking performance. Hope Rory reads it too.

Great article, i love the way he also calls out the lazy "the way to beat the blanket defence is kick long range points" argument as well.

Minors out on Sunday versus Antrim, tricky opener but after winning the minor league and with Tyrone on the other side we should be having a long summer. Hopefully Niall O'Donnell can live up to his potential too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,963 ✭✭✭doc_17

Awful time for that minor game to be on. A lot of those lads would be starting their summer exams the next day.

doc_17 wrote: »
    Awful time for that minor game to be on. A lot of those lads would be starting their summer exams the next day.

The Leaving doesn't start till the 8th.

It's a stupid time regardless though.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭ghostfacekilla

What's Mark McHugh's current inter county status does anyone know?

What's Mark McHugh's current inter county status does anyone know?

A Donegal player as far as I know...

Have you heard otherwise?

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭ghostfacekilla

No, I hadn't heard much about him recently bar what I've seen on the net re his club football.
    Awaiting to see what version of him will show up for championship football.

Would rather see more of his cousin this summer tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭overshoot

Would rather see more of his cousin this summer tbh.
    a fit and focused Mark would be an excellent addition.... anything outside of that there is better options.

Intercounty takes a huge effort and I wouldnt blame anyone for not being able or just plain not wanting to divert the time to it, but it really is a give it 100% or just dont bother kind of thing. (its nice we are at the level now to do that!)

minors won, bit of a battle but got there. Wasn't at it but 2-5 from Niall O'Donnell, Eoghan McGettigan got another straight red in big game.

Have Monaghan next, it would be great to win that to get another couple of games this summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭overshoot

just reading it on hoganstand. won 2-11 to 2-8 but was 2-7 to 8 down with 10 mins left. Great comeback

• Advertisement

Good to see the Minors win.

Good to read Paddy McGrath played for Ardara.

Advertisement