Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Donegal GAA Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,963 ✭✭✭doc_17

Clear black card for McElhinney. Eoin McHugh needs new boots.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭squareball1988

You'd like to think we won't miss as many frees next day out. I could have put some of them over myself. Conversely, will we get as many chances on the Monaghan goal? Unlikely.

I'd say we need to score at least 15 points to beat Monaghan, as they rarely score more. Would sicken ye to think if we had just got one of those frees...

Again, we have the players. We don't have the sideline.

Leave Maxi in Letterkeny. He's a waste of space.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭eddie73

Seems we know more than the line. I wouldnt fault them. I think that with 14 men we got it right in the 2nd half. If we take our chances next day we will be good enough. I would have concerns with Lacey as the monaghan attacks seemed to go down his flank all the time, obviously they feel that his pace is not what it was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 225 ✭✭dinjo99

Will tickets for replay be sold online or will there be plenty available on the day?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭overshoot

plenty of space last week so hard to see it selling out.
    I actually wondered if the the replay could be Healy/Brewster - although that would be tight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭harpsman

Would hav thought Healy Park would hold it. Germany Italy on the telly too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭Steve The Barman

harpsman wrote: »
    Would hav thought Healy Park would hold it. Germany Italy on the telly too

on the telly too???

Donegal match isn't even on the telly!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

So I hear Leo has walked?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 554 ✭✭✭RMDrive

Redsoxfan wrote: »

Ug? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭LilNiall

Seriously? Not overly surprised as being used sparingly and the on off carry on v Fermanagh was bizarre.

Not ideal prep for Saturday though.

• Advertisement

Seriously. Not surprised either. Was amazed he didn't feature last weekend ahead of McHugh and Gallagher.

This is nuts. WTF is he at? Attention seeking bullsh1t.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Murphy14

Bad news if true....but I was surprised he wasn't used last Saturday it creates another opportunity for someone else Stephen Mc Brearty or Ciaran Thompson

RMDrive wrote:
    This is nuts. WTF is he at? Attention seeking bullsh1t.

Yeah, bringing himself off against Fermanagh after bringing himself on.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,212 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

Murphy14 wrote: »
    Bad news if true....but I was surprised he wasn't used last Saturday it creates another opportunity for someone else Stephen Mc Brearty or Ciaran Thompson

True enough, but in the physicality stakes, especially against a side like Monaghan, McLoone would give them more problems imo

Murphy14 wrote:

Is Ciaran Thompson fit again? Was he on bench last weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Murphy14

Not sure on Ciaran Thompson fitness but Stephen Mc Brearty and David Walsh were not togged out last Saturday don't know if there injured or lack of form to make the match day panel of 26

Yeah, bringing himself off against Fermanagh after bringing himself on.

When was the last time Leo has a stand-out game? He didn't shine against Fermanagh and his reaction to (probably) not starting this week if to head off in a huff. Irrespective of whether he should be playing more, what kind of message does that send to the rest of the squad? Attention seeking.

Aye, I'd rather have modest, clean living, team player McHugh the Elder over Leo McLoone. Sure.

Aye, I'd rather have modest, clean living, team player McHugh the Elder over Leo McLoone. Sure.

Don't make it a choice between Mark McHugh and Leo. It's not. Leo hasn't been playing well enough to take umbrage at not getting the playing time he wants. Leo's not being much of a team player here is he?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Have to agree with RMDrive here. If he has walked away again then this is the second time Leo has done so which really says more about him than anyone else. He came back knowing full well the commitment required so to walk away again reflects poorly on him (if confirmed).

Did anyone see what Leo did against Fermanagh to be subbed off for the player he replaced?

So Neil McGee unsuccessful at CAC, not going to DRA.

Will be available for Longford.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,212 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    Have to agree with RMDrive here. If he has walked away again then this is the second time Leo has done so which really says more about him than anyone else. He came back knowing full well the commitment required so to walk away again reflects poorly on him (if confirmed).

After the on off carry on against Fermanagh I`d be inclined to think it says more about Rory Gallagher`s attitude than Leo McLoon`s.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Alvin Holler

I was surprised that Leo didn't feature last week but i think with us down to 14 men Rory went with quicker guys who cover more ground. Would be disappointed if he's left the panel as he definitely brings a lot to the team.
    Did anyone see what Leo did against Fermanagh to be subbed off for the player he replaced?

He was subbed off at half time for Toye, Kavanagh came back on towards the end. Leo was poor was in the few minutes he was on and if memory serves he picked up a booking too.

Yeah, he wasn't on the bench versus Fermanagh. Think Thompson for Neil McGee was the only change from the 26.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Alvin Holler

Same team named, we'll hardly start as selected two games in a row? It just doesn't feel right.

Same team named, we'll hardly start as selected two games in a row? It just doesn't feel right.

Unless injuries are worse than last week, not sure there will be changes?

Hugh McFadden must have fallen out of favour.

Christy doesn't seem to be seen as a starter.

Declan Bonner calling for EB Gallagher to start.

So I wouldn't be surprised to see same 15 starting - not sure anyone who started last week 'deserves' to be dropped?

Leo is togged out anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭pudzy

hi guys, this is terrible the game is not shown live on tv... is there any link about so i can watch it please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Sigh

Advertisement