Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Donegal GAA Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭jjdonegal

We really need to make the breakthrough at minor.

Yeah true but as ArnoldJ said it's still a great achievement to win Ulster and make an AIrl final and I'm hopeful we can. Have not seen Galway play so absolutely no idea what to expect or where we stand. All I know is Derry could have and should have had us dead and buried at HT and Cork very nearly did. I'd imagine opening halves like that will not suffice. I have had the pleasure of seeing the Kerry minors once this year and they look like an absolutely class team so I'd imagine they will advance next week and be hot favourites against Donegal/Galway (hopefully us).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

Murphy has done his knee. DSH and people at it have said it looks fairly serious. We can pray it's not a cruciate.

He is irreplaceable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭babybuilder

Watching minor's game and usual Donegal predictable stuff. Attacks running down blind alleys and getting turned over. 5 or 6 men in defence marking no one and yet Galway can find a forward easily with direct ball. We need to wake up fast or we're on the side if a hammering. Short passing . If we'd brains we'd be dangeroud

Lost to a better team. That first goal was a killer.

A pity. Good experience for them anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Well that was very disappointing. Managed to make a game of it late on, but pretty much outclassed. Hard to know if our lads underperformed or if that's their level. Mogan was good, I thought JD Boyle was having a good game, not sure why he was taken off - injured? McGee and Gallagher didn't look like the players I had hoped they would be, but they are young yet. Serious questions to be asked about defence and the overuse of hand passing. Need a bit of variety. Good to see us winning Ulster titles, hopefully we can continue to build on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭babybuilder

When we come up against one of the strong traditional counties we come up short. No variation in our play. We are coaching to a very predictable level. Rugby league more than Gaelic football. Notice that we started kicking it as soon as push came to shove.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭dog_pig

Anyone catch Spillane having a sneaky go at Donegal there? Strange individual.

Haha and there he goes again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 449 ✭✭SeanJ09

The sound of disdain when Pat mentions Donegal...

dog_pig wrote: »
    Anyone catch Spillane having a sneaky go at Donegal there? Strange individual.

Haha and there he goes again!

What's he said? Actually who gives a shít.

I have to admit, I wondered the same thing - then I didn't bother to check because, at this point, I think his constant sniping says more about him than the team...:)
    The man seems to have some issues...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,213 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

I have to admit, I wondered the same thing - then I didn't bother to check because, at this point, I think his constant sniping says more about him than the team...:)
    The man seems to have some issues...

I didn`t bother either as the man is little more than a cheap self publicist who will come out with any old sh1te that will get him attention and keep the nice fat cheques rolling in from RTE.
    Only reason I can see for the cheques. because it certainly isn`t for his insights or analysis.

Kilcar for Sam?

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭dog_pig

I didn't necessarily mean he had said something that justified any kind of serious analysis, however the irrelevance of it was amusing nonetheless.

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    Kilcar for Sam?

No excuse for them not to win the championship.

But then again it is Kilcar:

Murphy out 8 weeks according to DSH.

No excuse for them not to win the championship.

But then again it is Kilcar:

They have had a great excuse in recent years. Can't look to that anymore.

That may actually not be a bad thing.
    I get the feeling that regardless of what competion it is, as county captain he feels he has to play every game and work like a dog all over the pitch
    Looking at him this year, even though he looked to be carrying an injury, he also looked physically and mentally drained at times.

A break could be the best thing for him, and only bring him back in for the last few league games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭Steve The Barman

kilcar are the Mayo of Club football

but i love the Bast**ds

kilcar are the Mayo of Club football

They would need to get to finals for that to be the case!

I hope they win it this year, it's been too long but as ever anybody but Eunans and it's been a good year.

:)

• Advertisement

anyone but Glenties!

Gweedore out and Cassidy has called it a day as far as I can see.

Gweedore out and Cassidy has called it a day as far as I can see.

Hopefully he can loose the two chips of his shoulders soon as well and stop looking like an eejit.

I'm sure now Cass can throw all his time into slagging off Jim McGuinness.

And he definitely will end up still playing senior.

I'm sure now Cass can throw all his time into slagging off Jim McGuinness.

And he definitely will end up still playing senior.

I wonder when he'll get around to figuring out that he might have been wiser to divulge less in that book of his?

Redsoxfan wrote:

Just scored a point for Glenswilly.

Are the County Championship Quarter Final draws seeded? At a minimum it is surely winners on one side vs runners up on the other?

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Alvin Holler

Are the County Championship Quarter Final draws seeded? At a minimum it is surely winners on one side vs runners up on the other?

Pretty certain it is. So all the group winners will be looking to avoid Eunans.

Hard to see past Eunans, Naomh Conaill or Kilcar. Fair play to Malin and Termon, they always seem to over-perform come the championship.

Some big names in the relegation battle - Killybegs, Four Masters and Ardara but Glenfin will probably be relegated.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Murphy14

Yes it's the group winners on one side (Glenswilly,Naomh Connaill,Malin & Kilcar) and the group runners up the other side (Termon,St Eunans,Dungloe & Mac Cumhaills)

• Advertisement

Pretty certain it is. So all the group winners will be looking to avoid Eunans.

Hard to see past Eunans, Naomh Conaill or Kilcar. Fair play to Malin and Termon, they always seem to over-perform come the championship.

Some big names in the relegation battle - Killybegs, Four Masters and Ardara but Glenfin will probably be relegated.

Think Four Masters will drop myself.

Advertisement