Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Donegal GAA Discussion Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭Steve The Barman

Pretty certain it is. So all the group winners will be looking to avoid Eunans.

Hard to see past Eunans, Naomh Conaill or Kilcar. Fair play to Malin and Termon, they always seem to over-perform come the championship.

Some big names in the relegation battle - Killybegs, Four Masters and Ardara but Glenfin will probably be relegated.

teams can't draw the teams they have played in the group stage with so Glenties can't draw Termon and Kilcar can't draw Eunans etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    Gweedore out and Cassidy has called it a day as far as I can see.

Something far wrong when the group of players Gaoth Dobhair currently have perform so poorly. And whatever about Cass in the media, he will be a big loss to the club as he still is a great role model for the younger lads there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Boom!

Naomh Conaill v St Eunans

And then

Glenswilly v MacCumhaills
    Malin v Dungloe
    Kilcar v Termon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

That is a lovely draw.

Interesting as the wee man would say.

That is a lovely draw.

Lovely for Glenswilly, Kilcar and Malin/Dungloe...

• Advertisement

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    Lovely for Glenswilly, Kilcar and Malin/Dungloe...

Ha. It's a good draw in general I think.

I think it's far more open than it looks and even the relegation draw is a humdinger.

Nothing much in the intermediate. Glen v St Nauls probably the pick of the bunch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,963 ✭✭✭doc_17

Does anyone else think Cassidy had that tweet in the can? Lot of pictures from a large timespan to have at his disposal an hour or so after the game.

Ha. It's a good draw in general I think.

I think it's far more open than it looks and even the relegation draw is a humdinger.

Well, I guess any one of yourselves, Kilcar, St Eunans and Glenswilly (now that Neil Gallagher is back and Michael Murphy has recovered so quickly) will fancy their chances.

As for the others, Malin/Dungloe won't have done much to get to a semi final.

doc_17 wrote:
    Does anyone else think Cassidy had that tweet in the can? Lot of pictures from a large timespan to have at his disposal an hour or so after the game.

Twitter on the ****ter?

More shítetalk from Cassidy.

No bitterness though, has moved on. Never mentions it.... Clouster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Paddy McGrath and both Eoin and Ryan McHugh got Ulster All Star awards, I'd expect to see all 3 nominated for the All Stars, McBrearty as well.

Did Ryan get Young player of the year in 2014?

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭downthemiddle

More shítetalk from Cassidy.

No bitterness though, has moved on. Never mentions it.... Clouster.
    The man who headed to America for years, including the year he was manager, accuses his team mates of having no commitment.

And bringing half the team with him when he went. Leads to resentment when they all land back and take other people's places who were available all summer. He doesn't seem to see that though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

No doubt Cass has no defence to the points made. He is in no position to criticise others given how he himself behaved in the past (and as Nidge said, he's clueless about letting the Jim story go). All that said, he does have a point in what he is saying but it seems nobody else at the club is prepared to stand up and say it. There is clearly something wrong at the club. I don't know the ins and outs of it but I don't for a second think that Cass is the only one with concerns and if nobody else is prepared to speak out then I don't blame him for doing so. Any club with the number of county players Gaoth Dobhair have (at minor, u21 and senior level) should be performing much better than they are.

Wonder if Cassidy still supports Celtic!!

Apparently Rory wants a four year term.

http://hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=260904

I wouldn't mind a four year term as manager of Barcelona.

7 years of that clown.

Holy Jesus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭henke

Probably get it too with players publicly backing him.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭jjdonegal

I gave him the season last year; defended him on here as I was prepared to reflect when over. At the end my patience is more or less up as I can see no plan. We have much less discipline in the tackle and we seem to have zero attacking strategy at times. Threw away Tyrone and the negativity against Dublin when chasing the game annoyed me. The whole Leo situation bizarre too. Players seem to like him so maybe they see something that I have now given up on finding. He is overseeing a transition and we are not a squad capable of an AIrl and nor have we been since Jim left but we are certainly capable of winning Ulster and we lost 2 bad finals. County Board delighted to have a Yes man so he will get the extension too.

I'll keep coming back to the one question if he does go - who next?

jjdonegal wrote: »
    I gave him the season last year; defended him on here as I was prepared to reflect when over. At the end my patience is more or less up as I can see no plan. We have much less discipline in the tackle and we seem to have zero attacking strategy at times. Threw away Tyrone and the negativity against Dublin when chasing the game annoyed me. The whole Leo situation bizarre too. Players seem to like him so maybe they see something that I have now given up on finding. He is overseeing a transition and we are not a squad capable of an AIrl and nor have we been since Jim left but we are certainly capable of winning Ulster and we lost 2 bad finals. County Board delighted to have a Yes man so he will get the extension too.

I'll keep coming back to the one question if he does go - who next?

John Joe + the Hegartys.

:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Alvin Holler

It's seems odd. I understand we are going through a transition but what worth is a four year deal anyway? If results are crap you won't last that long anyway.

I've backed rory as the players seem to like him and results have been decent. So many counties struggle to get their best 15 out but bar Durcan and possibly Brick we have that. The use of substitutions probably cost us an ulster title but the only alternative is Declan as far as I can see.

I don't see that as an improvement.

It's seems odd. I understand we are going through a transition but what worth is a four year deal anyway? If results are crap you won't last that long anyway.

I've backed rory as the players seem to like him and results have been decent. So many counties struggle to get their best 15 out but bar Durcan and possibly Brick we have that. The use of substitutions probably cost us an ulster title but the only alternative is Declan as far as I can see.

I don't see that as an improvement.

2 x Ulster championships
    Not to mention the 21's.

If the future of our county is in the hands of Rory Gallagher and Maxi Curran I would be very worried.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Murphy14

Can't believe RG would demand a 4 year term the county board should make some demands of him like a few new faces in the back room team preferably from the county, bring in more of our promising under 21 players rather than have them playing in America for the summer (Mc Menamin & Mc Clenaghan). And finally we need to win Ulster yes we are in transition but we have the most talented group of players this is a once in a lifetime era

And just for the record the last 4 years now read

L3 W1 in Ulster finals.

Our u-21 record turns my stomach.

We're on a bad losing streak and it needs sorting out. Again, if you think Rory and Maxi are the men then I'm all ears as to why.

And just cause Declan is the only apparent internal candidate shouldn't stop us. There are external candidates we've got some damn good footballers who would be a dream to work with. Let's not sell ourselves short.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭logie110

Another 4 years of these tactics would depress me. Found it hard to watch the last day against Dublin in croke park.

Nobody interested in James horan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭PressRun

logie110 wrote: »
    Nobody interested in James horan?

Not sure if Horan is interested in managing at the moment. He has a pretty busy job, as far as I know, and a young family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭jdbarry

PressRun wrote:
    Not sure if Horan is interested in managing at the moment. He has a pretty busy job, as far as I know, and a young family.

Saw a quote from him at the weekend that he would find it difficult to manage anyone but Mayo. He was being half linked with the Roscommon job but ruled himself out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭babybuilder

henke wrote: »
    Probably get it too with players publicly backing him.

Easy for the players to back him if there are guaranteed a starting place every time.

Clubs to decide on Monday whether Vomit gets the 4 years he is after.

• Advertisement

Clubs to decide on Monday whether Vomit gets the 4 years he is after.
    Bye bye Rory

Advertisement