Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Donegal GAA Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭jjdonegal

Monaghan in the final it is!!!!!!

In reality; it'll be a few trips around the country for a few weeks after Tyrone dump us out. No doubt I'll get my hopes up again before having them shattered in early August if we even manage that far!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,147 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Anyone know how they decided which teams were on either side of the draw or in each bowl?
    I find it confusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

An alright draw. Can ease in (with respect) against Antrim and then potentially two big games to win it.*

*he says and then remembers who is in charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Alvin Holler

Anyone know how they decided which teams were on either side of the draw or in each bowl?
    I find it confusing.

Think it's always done that way. Preliminary first and then goes top to bottom. No idea why. Pretty sure there's only one bowl for ulster.

Happy enough with the draw. We've had some run of luck with the amount of home games we've had over the past ten years.

It's going to be tough for Monaghan to win it from the preliminary, I'd say the winner of us or Tyrone should win it.

If we do lose in a semi we should have enough time to recover for the qualifiers rather than the last few years where we've been fooked after losing an ulster final.

Knowing us we'll probably beat Tyrone and lose to monaghan though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

So Burt play Senior Championship next year after winning Intermediate?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,213 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

Redsoxfan wrote: »

Fair dues to them.
    Just shows how football has evolved in the county.
    1992 practically all senior clubs were south of "The Gap"
    Great showing by Malin this year as well in the Senior Championship.

Yes. A great achievement, they've been going well at underage too in recent years and get their rewards now.

County Final day today. Looking forward to it.

County Final day today. Looking forward to it.

Looks like a filthy day in Ballybofey. Kilcar at 1/7 is mad enough odds.

Kilcar in bother. They have the wind second half I suppose.

Kilcar in bother. They have the wind second half I suppose.

Blowing a gale in Ballybofey. Kilcar 0-06 have the wind 2nd half. Michael Murphy ran riot in the 1st, 1-04 of 1-07. Big Neil playing well too.

• Advertisement

Not a lot more you can say for Michael Murphy.

Man of the match in ANOTHER county final.

Well done Glenswilly, very professional performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

A huge well done to the Burt lads yesterday...
    but they have to be bit annoyed that they had to line out again today for their Ulster Intermediate match against Bredagh. Unfortunately after a 24 hour turnaround they were well beaten.
    Never mind lads, yous did yourselves and the parish proud.

I just hope they went on the beer yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

The 19th was rocking well past bedtime :D

Not a lot more you can say for Michael Murphy.

Man of the match in ANOTHER county final.

Well done Glenswilly, very professional performance.

He really is the man for the big day.

Kilcoo of Down at home next for them AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭harpsman

charlie14 wrote: »
    He really is the man for the big day.

Kilcoo of Down at home next for them AFAIK.
    Did Kilcoo beat Scotstown yest? good win if so. I would still fancy Glenswilly with the 2 boys playing well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,963 ✭✭✭doc_17

Think that match will be in Down, not Donegal.

Good performance yesterday from both teams. Wasn't much in it and Kilcar missed 2 late on that would have levelled it. But I fail to understand how a player can throw a punch that half the ground sees and 8 official miss!!

harpsman wrote: »
    Did Kilcoo beat Scotstown yest? good win if so. I would still fancy Glenswilly with the 2 boys playing well.
    Beat them by 2 points 1-08 to 0-09. With the way the 2 boys played yesterday you would fancy them against anyone, especially if they have a home tie.
    Although for that I am only going on a radio report and Doc here reckons that game will be in Down, (which considering Kilcoo were in Clones yesterday makes it more likely), would be a tougher prospect.

Tbh, it wouldn`t break my heart if they were knocked out at that stage.
    I wish them well naturally, but a fit and rested Murphy and Gallagher might not be a bad thing county wise for next year rather than a slog through the clubs.

I doubt many Glenswilly supporters will agree with that sentiment mind you :o

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Murt15

Its actually quite unbelievable that the Kilcar management kept a 36 year old 5 foot 10 club standard player on Michael Murphy for the whole match. Martin Mc Hugh has a lot to answer for.

Murt15 wrote: »
    Its actually quite unbelievable that the Kilcar management kept a 36 year old 5 foot 10 club standard player on Michael Murphy for the whole match. Martin Mc Hugh has a lot to answer for.

I doubt in the form he was in yesterday it would have mattered who they put on him, or how many.

Struck me though that after 2012 James Horan may have given Mayo needless heartache in subsequent years for not learning the same lesson considering what Murphy did to them

• Advertisement

charlie14 wrote: »
    I doubt in the form he was in yesterday it would have mattered who they put on him, or how many.

Struck me though that after 2012 James Horan may have given Mayo needless heartache in subsequent years for not learning the same lesson considering what Murphy did to them

They still shouldn't have made it easy for him Charlie. That defeat is a massive blow to Kilcar.

Murt15 wrote: »
    They still shouldn't have made it easy for him Charlie. That defeat is a massive blow to Kilcar.

I doubt if their intention was to make it easy on him, and they had plenty back to try and deal with him, but they just didn`t have the physical strength to deal with him in the form he was in.
    Nevertheless, I agree, a massive blow to Kilcar, especially when you consider what they had up front and how Glenswilly dealt with them

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Murphy14

No doubt about Murphy was the big difference on the field yesterday but they also had there homework done on Kilcar if Kilcar had won yesterday no doubt it would have been lauded has a Martin Mc Hugh victory there is very little mention of the man behind Glenswilly victory Gary Mc Daid who has know masterminded 3 county titles I would go as far as to say if he had been managing Kilcar yesterday then the Dr Maguire would be in towney. Surely Mc Daid should be given a chance to manage a county team maybe this years under 21s

Murphy14 wrote: »
    No doubt about Murphy was the big difference on the field yesterday but they also had there homework done on Kilcar if Kilcar had won yesterday no doubt it would have been lauded has a Martin Mc Hugh victory there is very little mention of the man behind Glenswilly victory Gary Mc Daid who has know masterminded 3 county titles I would go as far as to say if he had been managing Kilcar yesterday then the Dr Maguire would be in towney. Surely Mc Daid should be given a chance to manage a county team maybe this years under 21s

In all honesty if it was up to me I would have Gary Mc Daid in the Senior job rather than Rory Gallagher for the next 3 years.

Here is my team of the championship before Donegal Sports Hub announce theirs

James Gallagher
    Aaron Thompson
    Eamon Ward
    Stephen Shovelin
    Ryan Mc Hugh
    Ryan Diver
    Ciaran Mc Ginley
    Neil Gallagher
    Michael Hegarty
    Brendan Mc Laughlin
    Ciaran Thompson
    Eoin Mc Hugh
    Patrick Mc Brearty
    Michael Murphy
    Gary Mc Fadden

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,963 ✭✭✭doc_17

I see some people were covering themselves in glory on social media last night. As a neutral I find that stuff appalling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭overshoot

doc_17 wrote: »
    I see some people were covering themselves in glory on social media last night. As a neutral I find that stuff appalling.

For those not on twitter??

doc_17 wrote: »

Can you elaborate?

I'd imagine he's referring to the picture and caption of Mc Hugh father and son.

• Advertisement

On the Tweet Machine all the time but didn't see it, whatever it is.

Advertisement