Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Donegal GAA Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Murphy14

Murt15 wrote: »
    I'd imagine he's referring to the picture and caption of Mc Hugh father and son.

I have to say it was in bad taste some people have little to be at

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

Will someone just say what it was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,963 ✭✭✭doc_17

Yeah the picture of the McHughs was in very poor taste. There was a guy connected to Glenswilly, and I believe he is involved in the set up, who tweeted a link to a story about Paddy McBrearty from the previous week, where McBrearty was talking about the final and how he was hoping to win it etc. This was tweeted the day after the final. Why would you want to do that unless you were trying to rub people's noses in it?

Now the same man also tweeted some remarks that people made after the semi final hammering of Naomh Conaill which basically said that Cross were out and Ulster was Kilcar's to lose! This part of his tweet storm was genuinely funny as some of the people whose tweets he retweeted deserved it. But he should have left, what was likely to be a very disappointed player, alone. It served no purpose other than to highlight what type of ******** he is!

doc_17 wrote: »
    Yeah the picture of the McHughs was in very poor taste. There was a guy connected to Glenswilly, and I believe he is involved in the set up, who tweeted a link to a story about Paddy McBrearty from the previous week, where McBrearty was talking about the final and how he was hoping to win it etc. This was tweeted the day after the final. Why would you want to do that unless you were trying to rub people's noses in it?

Now the same man also tweeted some remarks that people made after the semi final hammering of Naomh Conaill which basically said that Cross were out and Ulster was Kilcar's to lose! This part of his tweet storm was genuinely funny as some of the people whose tweets he retweeted deserved it. But he should have left, what was likely to be a very disappointed player, alone. It served no purpose other than to highlight what type of ******** he is!

What did it say?

It's like the Davinci code.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭Steve The Barman

It was a pic of Martin and Mark hugging each other after the 2012 all ireland and a wee speech bubble coming out of Mark saying

"Daddy why had Michael Murphy had to play'"

Pretty pathetic to be honest.

• Advertisement

It was a pic of Martin and Mark hugging each other after the 2012 all ireland and a wee speech bubble coming out of Mark saying

"Daddy why had Michael Murphy had to play'"

Pretty pathetic to be honest.

I can't say I'm arsed.

They weren't the worst thing ever done by anyone of course. But it's nice to win with class. And the vast vast majority of those connected with Glenswilly are wonderful examples of how it's done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭Steve The Barman

I can't say I'm arsed.

why'd you keep asking then?

why'd you keep asking then?

Because I thought it might have been something noteworthy or concerning.

It's not. It's someone taking the piss on twitter. Big odds.

Glenswilly comfortably beaten by Kilcoo. Not a wild surprise in truth.

U-21 Championship final today. Aodh Ruadh Ballyshannon v Gaoth Dobhair. 3pm in Ballybofey, a fair few county minor/21's on show.

• Advertisement

Brilliant game of football in Ballybofey today. One of the best games of the year and well worth the admission. Thought there'd be a bigger crowd at it myself but wasn't much by way of publicity about it.

Gweedore deserved the win, they came by their scores that wee bit easier and Ballyshannon struggled to get going in the second half in truth.

Naoise O Boyle was everywhere in the first half but was shut down well in the 2nd. Michael Carroll was absolutely brilliant. Think Gweedore had 10 scorers today and had leaders all over the place. Can tell Gillespie's class a mile away too.

For Ballyshannon Niall Harley was excellent in the middle and fought hard. Colm Kelly managed 1-1 from full back and really drove things forward. They were both 2014 county minors and wont be far off for the u-21's this year. David McGurrin managed 1-7 which says a lot.

But yeah, Gweedore that bit more cohesive and were able to manufacture scores that wee bit easier. But a great advertisement for the u-21 championship. All that Gweedore side are underage again apparently. Should give them a huge boost at senior level.

An all star for Ryan McHugh.

Thoroughly deserved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

An all star for Ryan McHugh.

Delighted for him and he got it in one if the toughest spots too.

We have a new coach/trainer.

Impressive CV and should be keen/hungry young in to an inter county set up for the first time.

Not that it matters given who is overseeing everything.

http://www.donegaldemocrat.ie/news/home/222853/donegal-has-new-coach-trainer-for-2017.html

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Alvin Holler

Good news getting a change in the backroom team. But not sure Cooney (or Kilcoyne for that matter) had much input on the sideline anyway. Think I can vaguely remember him playing for Tyrone teams around 2000.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Spies!

Spies!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,213 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    Spies!

Reds under the bed Red :D

All very boring at this time of year isn't it.

Bad times when you're relying on Schools football and hoping Eunan's U-16's get beat to get your fix!

Remember those heady days of winter where we'd have no manager and players booted off the panel. Ahhh.

Well, we have the best of last year's Minors called into 'the panel' - Enda McCormick, Aidan McLaughlin, Jason McGee and Eoghan McGettigan.

Added also Cian Mulligan, Conor Morrison, Mark Coyle, Christy Fildara, Michael Langan, Brendan McCole.

Mulligan was outstanding in 2014 but not sure he has kicked on. McLaughlin looks to me like he will make it. McGee is the guy I want to see come through (and his partner from the 2016 midfield).

Hopefully see more of Ciaran Thompson and Stephen McBrearty next year. A full year of Gillespie will be good as well.

#roryout

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Murt15

Well, we have the best of last year's Minors called into 'the panel' - Enda McCormick, Aidan McLaughlin, Jason McGee and Eoghan McGettigan.

Added also Cian Mulligan, Conor Morrison, Mark Coyle, Christy Fildara, Michael Langan, Brendan McCole.

Mulligan was outstanding in 2014 but not sure he has kicked on. McLaughlin looks to me like he will make it. McGee is the guy I want to see come through (and his partner from the 2016 midfield).

Hopefully see more of Ciaran Thompson and Stephen McBrearty next year. A full year of Gillespie will be good as well.

#roryout

We should have a serious U21 panel next year. Along with the 10 lads above there is also another 11 that have been floating about the senior panel the past year. Also add in the likes of Andrew Mc Lean, Kieran Gallagher, Naoise O Baoill, Niall O Donnell and Conor Doherty. Can see a few fallouts between both managers.

#roryout

Agreed. Serious talent, dedicated to the game, and completely unaware of just how talented he is. Not a lad that would let success go to his head!

I should add that I know him/his family well, though I'm not related to him, so this is not a reflection on any of the other lads.

We need to win something at u-21 next year. Away to Tyrone first round is not ideal but shít or get off the pot etc.

There is some talent there from 18-21.

Any word on what McClenaghan is at? Think he was in Boston the summer just gone. Likes a good time I'd say. I think he's class to be honest be great to see him involved.

Was Caolan McGonagle in the extended panel last year?

doc_17 wrote: »
    Was Caolan McGonagle in the extended panel last year?

I thought he was - might have got injured at the wrong time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Bloody Tyrone in the McKenna Cup, Cavan and UUJ as well.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,213 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

K-9 wrote: »

Any chance we could do a Galway hurlers and move to Connacht.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

charlie14 wrote: »
    Any chance we could do a Galway hurlers and move to Connacht.

Leinster?!!!

Sure they are looking to move to Munster, we could do a tour.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement

K-9 wrote: »

Apparently they've won 5 on the trot. Can't say I've even noticed.

Advertisement